• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

U.S. Army Ordinace School

Started by Candice, May 20, 2012, 01:35:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glennab

Looks awesome, Candy.  Kudos!
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Candice

Candice

Bambi

Beautiful restoration, Candy. And great tips from all your friends.

Candice

It's on it's way Bambi and I do appreciate all the help given. 

Thank you all.  :-*
Candice

Mhayes

Candice, this looks great! As to the size, we do not print anything over an 8 x 10. So if it is over, it will be reduced to fit.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Candice

Margie I think you will find that it was returned with the original dimensions in tack.  :)
Candice

Mhayes

Candice, I figured it was returned with the original dimension intact, but I got to wondering when GK suggested the
8 1/2 x 11 size.  :cool:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Candice

:)

I'd like to share with you all the response that came in for Ordnance certificate I worked on. 
I told you that sometimes I go the source and in this case I received a lovely reply:

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Dear Candice Roy,

As far as we can tell, this type of certificate went into the personnel file for individual soldiers but copies were not retained in the organizational records of the issuing agency (in this case the U.S. Army Ordnance School). Because of this the personnel records are the only source for this type of document. You would need to know the name of other soldiers that received this type of certificate and then consult their personnel files. To complicate matters, the US Army personnel records for veterans are sent to the National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) in St. Louis, Missouri, but there was a tragic fire at NPRC in 1973 that destroyed the majority of personnel files for veterans that had served from 1917-1973. Because of this, it may be very difficult to find another of these certificates.

If you are able to identify other soldiers that may have been given this same certificate, you can contact the NPRC to ask if the personnel records for that soldier still survive. Contact information and instruction for requesting records can be found on this website:

http://www.archives.gov/st-louis/military-personnel/

We apologize we could not provide more information but we hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Sincerely,

James Tobias
Historical Resources Branch
U.S. Army Center of Military History
102 4th Avenue, Building 35
Ft. McNair, DC 20319-5060

Candice

Mhayes

Candice, thanks for sharing and what a nice letter. What a shame about the fire at NPRC in 1973.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Candice

There were probably a lot of things lost in that fire.  Can you imagine how helpful we might have been then?

Candice