• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Thank You from Joplin

Started by Mhayes, May 15, 2012, 12:53:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhayes

Hi Everyone,

I got this nice email today from Tracy:

QuoteI just wanted to let you know that I've received the pictures you restored for me.  They look terrific!  I'm so happy to have them.  Please thank everyone who helped with this effort.  I appreciate it so much.

Sincerely,

Tracy Cooper

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Pat

Thanks for sharing that Margie.  I love restoring these photos and don't need any thanks to continue but it does put the icing on the cake  :loveit:

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Mike S.

Thanks Margie for posting the reply from Tracy.

At the end of the day, that's what it is all about, restoring a memory.  That's what makes it all worthwhile.

Tracy was very kind in thanking everyone involved because it takes a lot of people and they are all volunteers.  There is yourself and the Board of Directors that oversee the process,  the OPR Web Master for the OPR Site, the donors that donate the money for the copy runs and OPR Expenses, the people on the copy runs that do all the advance work to get them set-up, the people that sign-up the owners and copy the damaged photos, the person that does the cropping and uploading to Photoshelter (Photoshelter donates the web storage space for the photos), the gallery owners that work with the volunteers that do the actual restore, the people who give advice on the Forum, Quality Control for making sure OPR Standards are met, the person that sends the pictures out to be printed and then shipped to the owner and DigMyPics for donating the printing.  Hopefully I did not forget anyone.

Mike

Mike S.

Tori803

Thanks Margie. We 'know' people are happy to have their photos restored, but it's nice to hear from them too!

Tori
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

Bambi

What an unexpected pleasure! Thanks for sharing her note, Margie.

Bambi

glennab

Thanks for sharing the message, Margie.  I restore for the great feeling of helping others but it's wonderful to know first hand that our efforts are appreciated.

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Hannie

Margie, thanks for sharing that lovely note from Tracy.  It is great to hear from the flood victims after they receive their restored photos!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]