• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Another New Volunteer

Started by jaem, May 14, 2012, 08:49:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaem

Hello everyone. :) I just wanted to introduce myself since I am new here. My name is Jennifer and I am from Michigan. I've done some photo retouching in the past and really enjoy it because it's like being part of the rebuilding of history and memories, so I'm really happy to have found this organization. I'm excited to get to work on some of these photos!

Pat

Welcome Jennifer from another Michigander!  We are so glad you have decided to join us.  Don't hesitate to post your work in progress on the forum if you need advice.  We have friendly volunteers from around the world who love sharing tips and techniques.

Check out our recent Mother's Day thread.  It's not too late to add to it if you would like to:
http://www.operationphotorescue.org/forum/index.php/topic,3687.msg33028.html#msg33028

We hope to have a copy run later this summer for photos damaged during the Dexter, MI tornado and would love to have you join us if you can.  My husband (you'll see him as Mike S. on the forum) and I have attended several copy runs and it's an experience you will long remember and never regret.

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Mike S.

A warm welcome Jennifer,

I am also from Michigan.  Nice to have you on board.  If you look to the upper left of the Forum when you are logged in, you will see the "Navigating OPR" and "Techniques Handbook" Icons.  These are both handy for learning about posting pictures etc. on the Forum, picking a picture from the galleries to restore and some of the requirements when you restore pictures.  You can also search the Forum for past topics if you get stuck on restoring as well as posting your original and work in progress photos on the Forum and ask for help. 

I would also suggest you look at Bambi's gallery if you are looking for a photo to restore.  She has some that are easier than others. 

The link to the galleries is here: http://opr.photoshelter.com/gallery-list

Mike

Mike S.

glennab

Hi Jennifer

Welcome from an old-timer in Florida.  I don't know that I can add much to what Pat and Mike have said other than you've joined a great group, and it won't be long before you realize the rewards of what we do at OPR.  A word of warning:  it's addictive.  And the interaction among the people who are active on the forum is both informative and great fun.  A few members keep watch for anyone who needs help and jump in with suggestions and observations.  Once you've been here a while, you'll probably get teased and be subjected to some good humored abuse, but the fun breaks up the hard work of making these tough restorations ready to go home again.  I suspect you'll be very glad you joined.

I'm happy that you're with us, and I look forward to seeing you on the forum.

Cheers!

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Mhayes

Hi Jennifer,

Welcome from Kansas! Hope to see more of you on the forum as it is a great way to pick up tips and have fun with a great group.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

jaem

Thank you for the welcome! Pat, Dexter isn't too far from where I am, so I am definitely interested in coming to the copy run. Thank you for mentioning it to me.

Pat

Will keep you posted on the Dexter Copy run Jennifer.

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author