• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Mother's Day

Started by Pat, May 12, 2012, 09:03:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

In honor of Mothers Day I thought maybe you would like to post memories and or photos of your mother.

My mom is no longer with us and I am so glad for the memories and photos of the good times we shared.  Mom and Dad had property on the shores of Whitefish Bay just south of Whitefish Point on the northern edge of Michigan's Upper Peninsula and it served as headquarters for many family camping trips. 

This photo was taken in late July 43 years ago during one of those vacations.  Mike and I went into the little bakery just down the road in the small town of Paradise early on the morning of the 27th to get this coffee cake for Dad's birthday breakfast.   Although the occasion for this particular photo was Dad's birthday, it's a wonderful photo of Mom also.  It brings back many memories of all the wonderful vacations Mike and I were able to share with Mom and Dad.

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Tess (Tassie D)

What a beautiful photo Pat.

This is Mum and I many years ago. I'll be video calling her this afternoon.

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Pat

Tess your mom is such a lovely lady in this photo and you look very much like her.  We always had a dog while I was growing up - just one at a time though.  My favorite was a great collie pal named Lady.  We lived in a rural area and she roamed the country lanes and woods with me during my grade school years.

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Mike S.

A picture of my mother on the right taken 16 years ago.  She too is no longer with us.  Also pictured our oldest grandson Kyle, our daughter-in-law Linda and of course Pat.  Kyle will be 18 in June.

A card I made for Pat's mother before she passed on, I will share for all mothers:

"A child's love of mother is learned from the nurturing and love of his or her mother in the early years.  As the child grows he or she begins to understand that love and it grows deeper and prepares the child to love others.

When the child grows up and takes a mate, the mate learns to love the child's mother and gets to see that love returned.

A child's love of mother is unequivocal.
We love you mom."

Mike
Mike S.

Mhayes

Pat, thanks for starting this thread and hopefully more volunteers will add in the coming days. I couldn't find the photo of me with my mom, grandmother, and great grandmother, but I love this one taken of us together when I was only a month old.

I love the pictures and the stories behind them. I lost Mother in 2000 and miss her.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

Quote from: Pat on May 12, 2012, 10:58:52 PM
Tess your mom is such a lovely lady in this photo and you look very much like her.  We always had a dog while I was growing up - just one at a time though.  My favorite was a great collie pal named Lady.  We lived in a rural area and she roamed the country lanes and woods with me during my grade school years.

Pat

lol Pat we usually only had 1 dog too except our lovely collie met an amorous labrador secretly and surprise, surprise we had 6 lovely puppies.

This is hubby's Mum, when she was courting and then at our daughter's wedding in 2009. Only lost her a month ago.

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Pat

Margie, that's a wonderful photo of you and your mom.  It looks as if at one month you had already formed a strong opinion of the world and were not going to be shy about letting everyone know :-)  I just love the black and white photos of years ago.  

Tess your hubby's mom had such a bright and engaging smile it's so good it won't be lost to future generations.

Pat
Pat

bjtx

It sure is heart warming to see everyone's photos of the Moms in their family

Evelyn (Mom) & Betty (me)
Mom left this world in fall '10.  I still miss her so much.  She loved music & played an organ.
She started out as a brunette & became a shade of blonde later.

Pat, thanks for starting this thread.
(aka - Betty )  CS6, PS CC,  Win 8.1; 175+ restorations so far & hope to do more :) 
Favorite site http://yourshot.nationalgeographic.com/daily-dozen/

Pat

Betty those are terrific photos and you look very much like your beautiful mom.  Did you inherit her musical talent as well as her looks?

Pat
Pat

glennab

Happy Mother's Day, all of you wonderful hard-working Moms.  I hope you've been treated like queens today.  I thought I'd add to the photo album of us with our mothers.  This is Mom and me in our first passport photo before we went to Japan.  I have no idea why it's colorized.  And you know the saying "The cobbler's children have no shoes..." I didn't put a lot of work into fixing it (obviously).

Anyway, here's the photo:

I love everyone's tribute to their moms.  I don't think they ever receive enough credit for somehow getting us to adulthood.
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Pat

Glenna that is a truly beautiful photo and I am sure it brings to mind many priceless memories of trips and good times shared with your mom.  Thank you so much for adding to our Mother's Day thread.

I've never seen such a pretty passport photo.  Mike and I just renewed our passports and the strictly face forward, head and neck only rules we had to follow make our photos look like criminal arrest mug shots :-)

Mother's Day is drawing to a close everyone but don't let that stop you.  We would love to have more of you add photos and share memories of your mom in the coming days.

Pat
Pat

glennab

Pat, thanks for the sweet words about my photo. Note that sad little face...  Neither my mother nor I had ever been away from a very remote and beautiful area of New Hampshire.  My mother had just remarried a man I didn't know, and I was being ripped from my beloved Nana and Gramps to go to a foreign land (I don't know if I was old enough to understand that). But as young as I was (I think about 18 months) I knew that I was leaving my grandparents, whom I adored, and I was completely grief stricken.  I'm sure Mom was terrified as well, because this was right after WWII, and we'd just fought Japan, where we were going - by sea - alone - as my stepdad was already there. We adjusted once we got there.  The Japanese were wonderful to us (they were fascinated by my extremely blonde hair), and that was the beginning of a nomadic life that finally ended for me when I moved to Florida after spending a year and a half in Madagascar.  I wanted ROOTS! So 44 years later I live in the same house I did when I moved here, and I have my roots!  Whoo hoo!
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Mhayes

Pat, I hope more volunteers post as this has been so touching when you consider with the exception of Tess's mother, they are no longer with us. It's great to remember them on Mother's Day. Thanks everyone for sharing your Mother with us. What has been fun is to be able to see the resemblance to your mother in each of the photos. I thought I was safe till Pat had to see the makings of a headstrong child at one month.  ::)

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

kiska

Late for the party. This is my Mother's senior class pic. She died when I was a senior.

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Pat

Oh, Kiska your mom was just gorgeous!  I'm so sorry she passed away while you were so young and she didn't get to know the wonderfully caring, giving adult that we know.  She would be so proud of you.

Pat
Pat