• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Old photo with lots of white spots

Started by schen, May 16, 2012, 11:50:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

schen

I have been staring at this one for so long, I can see much of it anymore.  It even broke the GPU of my computer.  Fortunately, an upgrade of the driver seemed to fixed the problem.  So please let me know what you think.  The part I am most uncertain is the hands of the sitting guy.

Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Mhayes

Hi Shujen,

I think you have done a beautiful job on this and have kept the feel of its age. Only two things catch my eye on the sitting guy on your left.  I see a white spot below his button close to his underarm that I think is damage. The other thing is his hands. I could go with what you have now, but I think the fingers are open rather than curled up.

Great job!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Pat

Shujen, I agree with Margie that you've done a beautiful job of restoring this photo while keeping the feel of it's age.  :up2:  I too, think that man's hands are open rather than curled up.  

Margie, I've taken a real close look at the "white spot below his button close to his underarm" on the original file. To me it looks very much like a bit if handkerchief poking up out of a pocket.

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Mhayes

Pat, you could be right about the hankerchief, so Shujen it maybe best to leave it.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

schen

Thanks Margie and Pat,

Every time I zoomed in, I thought the fingers were curled.  Every time I zoomed out, I thought they were straight.  I agree with you that straight fingers look more natural.  I will fix them up.

At the first look, that patch looked too low for handkerchief for modern jacket but when I compared to the pocket handkerchiefs in the other two jackets, they all looked about the same height.

Shujen
Shujen Chen

schen

Shujen Chen

Mhayes

Shujen, I think it looks spot on! Great job!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

glennab

Margie, ever the punster!  Good one!
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)