Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Recent Posts
[Yesterday at 10:56:43 PM]

[Yesterday at 10:55:24 PM]

[Yesterday at 10:53:50 PM]

[July 21, 2014, 06:00:16 AM]

[July 19, 2014, 04:26:14 AM]

[July 18, 2014, 06:44:23 PM]

by Pat
[July 18, 2014, 04:40:46 AM]

[July 16, 2014, 07:52:01 AM]

[July 13, 2014, 07:08:05 AM]

[July 11, 2014, 11:29:48 AM]
OPR Theme-o-matic

Locations of visitors to this page
Total Members: 849
New This Month: 8
New This Week: 3
New Today: 0
Birthdays:
JudiRose (54)

Events:
There are no events today.
Sorry, you do not have permission to view pictures!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie from California  (Read 890 times)
scooper
OPR Newbie

« on: May 04, 2012, 11:19:46 AM »

Hi everyone,

My name is Samantha and I'm from Oakland, CA. I am inspired by all the restorations I've seen and I'm excited to get started on my own. I feel privileged to be accepted into such a wonderful organization. Look forward to interacting more with everyone.

Thanks!

--Samantha aka scooper
Pat
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 12:34:56 PM »

Hi Samantha,

Itís great to see you on the forum.  We are so glad you have decided to join us.  You will be interacting with fellow volunteers from all around the world.  Some of the regulars can get a little zany  Azn but itís all in good fun.   We love sharing tips and techniques which makes this forum a wonderful learning tool.  Hope to see you on the forum again soon.  

Pat

Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author
Tori803
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 12:52:01 PM »

Welcome, Samantha!

I'm sure you'll enjoy working with these volunteers. Feel free to post your work in progress. If you run into trouble with any restorations, there's always someone with an idea to help. Don't forget to check out the links to the handbooks (at the left) and the tutorials many volunteers have developed.

Tori

Tori
"Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work." - Aristotle
Mhayes
Site Admin

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 08:49:31 PM »

Hi Samatha,

Welcome from Kansas and it's great to have you join our crazy group! OK, there are a few sane ones besides myself Hope you continue to post to the forum and you will get some great ideas for help with your photos.

Margie

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
mhayes@operationphotorescue.org
Hannie
Site Admin

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2012, 01:43:46 AM »

Hi Samantha, welcome to the forum from Amsterdam!
So glad you joined us, hope to see you post again soon.

Margie, what was it again they say about people who think they are sane?   Smiley

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
hannie@operationphotorescue.org
Mike S.
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2012, 06:56:49 AM »

Welcome Samantha,

A pleasure to have you join.  If at any time you get stuck when you get your restorations, please use the Forum to get suggestions.  A lot of us use it all the  time.  To get familiar with how it all works you can review "Navigating OPR" and the "Techniques Handbook" which are on the upper left of the Forum Page when you sign in.

Again welcome to OPR and enjoy.

Mike

Mike S.
Bambi
OPR Master

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2012, 06:28:07 PM »

Hi, Samantha:

I lived right across the Bay from you for about 15 years. A big welcome from my new home in Las Vegas. Look forward to seeing your work on Forum.

Bambi
glennab
OPR Master

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2012, 08:55:56 PM »

Hi Scooper

A very warm welcome from the other side of the country (Florida). I'm one of the "charter members" of OPR - it'll be 6 years next month, and I can tell you that this is the most wonderful group in the world. I'm able to say that, because besides Margie, I'm one of our few other sane members (Margie and the rest of admin, you know what a LOL that is!). But seriouslyÖ

It's great to see newbies joining with such enthusiasm, because if you're like me that joy in working on the restorations will continue to grow.  You'll learn so much from the rest of the crew who enjoy helping each other get through any challenges that crop up - and they do - regularly.

If you haven't already, view the video on the top right of our home page.  It was shot by The Weather Channel, and it gives you a feel for the impact our work has on the people for whom we do these restorations.  It'll make you feel even better about joining OPR.

I'm glad you're with us, and I'll look for you on the forum.

Cheers

GK

What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: