• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

The Kids

Started by Bambi, May 01, 2012, 07:13:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bambi

Original

WIP

Please look this over and give me advice on how to finish this. Always appreciate your help.

Bambi

Marydh

What a fabulous job!

Mhayes

Bambi,

What a beautiful job you have done. I really wasn't sure that the girl has short sleeves, but considering it's hard to find any information---I think this was a smart move. Just a tiny pic and that is to show a hint of the other suspender on the little boy closest to his sister.

:up:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Bambi

I've never seen a dress like that with long sleeves. I could just barely see her arm in the "a" channel in lab mode. Thanks for the nice comments. I agree with Margie about the suspender.

Bambi

Bambi

I fixed the suspender, brightened the red shirt and did a little more work on the highlights and shadows on a Soft Light layer.

Bambi

Pat

Beautiful job on a really tough photo Bambi  :loveit:

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Mhayes

Bambi, this looks great. When I mentioned the suspenders, I meant that there should be a hint of the second one on your left nearest the sister. However, I doubt that will be missed.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Bambi what a great restore!  The girl's arm came out very well and the dress looks as good as new.

I tried to get a little more contrast by pasting the red channel in soft layer mode opacity 35%.  I masked out the little boy's face, it is white enough as it is.

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Candice

Candice

Bambi

Margie, you're right about the suspender. I cleaned it off the shirt with the muck, then promptly forgot it was there. You're right about the contrast, Hannie. Used your Soft Light Red Channel technique.

Bambi

lurch

Really looks good, Bambi. Couple of minor observations - the little girl's apparent elbow is too close to her shoulder, and I wonder if the suspenders are mirror images.
<C>

Bambi

I can fix the arm. Good catch. If you look at the original above, you can see right where the suspender on our left is. I traced that from the original on a new layer and used that for my guide. Thanks, Lurch.