• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

New to OPR

Started by PantoneLiz, April 13, 2012, 04:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PantoneLiz

I'm a graphic designer working in the north Dallas area. My job is not rewarding in any way, shape or form, so I'm looking forward to volunteering my time to an organization that is. I have downloaded my first photo and looking forward to restoring many more.

-Liz

Pat

Liz, you have come to the right place if you want rewarding!  Watching as a restored photo emerges from the muck you start out working with is magical and really gets you hooked.  When that magic can be used to keep someone's precious memories alive it is beyond rewarding.  It's priceless for both you and the family whose photo you've restored.  Welcome to OPR!

We hope to see more of you on the forum.  It's a fun place to interact with fellow volunteers from all around the world and a great place to share tips or get advice if you run into a particularly difficult restoration.

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Bambi

Welcome to OPR. This is the most rewarding work I've ever done and this is the most supportive, constructive forum I've experienced. You could spend weeks searching Help sites and tutorials and still not find the answer you need. But when you post your work in progress on the OPR forum, you get timely, expert help and analysis tailored specifically to the photograph you're working on. It's been invaluable to me and we're happy to share it with you.

Bambi  

Mhayes

Hi Liz,

Welcome to OPR and if there is one thing you will find from doing this work is that it is rewarding. If you ever have a chance to help on a copy run where we take digital pictures of of disaster photos, you will really understand how important our work is. The smiles and the surprise when owners get to see their photos restored is one of our greatest rewards.

Hope to see you again on the forum. Thanks for volunteering!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Welcome to the forum Liz and congratulations on your first OPR restore!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mike S.

A very warm welcome to OPR Liz,

This is an extremely rewarding past time.   Sounds like your talents will fit right in and keep in mind (as Bambi has also pointed out above) if you ever get stuck on a photo please post on the Forum and ask for help.  The interaction with all the Masters with OPR is a very learning experience.

Mike
Mike S.