• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Shepherd

Started by Candice, April 11, 2012, 01:11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhayes

Yes, the man did have a mustache and I think what you have is spot on! Great job on the restore.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Pat

Candy,

When I saw this photo being copied during the Joplin copy run I thought to myself that it was beyond restoration.  You have been an inspiration to all of us with what you have been able to accomplish.  Amazing work :up2:

Pat

Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Candice

Thank you all for your help and eyes.  And thank you Margie for calling on the mustache.  I'll work on finishing up and hopefully very soon this couple will be home. :up:
Candice

Candice

Candice

Mhayes

Candice, I think it looks great. The only thing I would change is the background so there is more of a softer transition between the dark and the light. On your other versions the background doesn't have such a sharp difference.

Great Job!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Beautiful job Candy!  The softer transition in the background will be the icing on the cake.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Candice

You're both correct.  It didn't look that dark last night.  ::)

Here are the changes:

Candice

Mhayes

Candice,

I liked your restore before better of the two with the exception that the background needed a softer transition. This new version does have a better transition, but it is so flat. Your previous restore had a nice tonal range of dark and light on the couple---keep that.

What I liked about the other restore was that the couple really stood out from the background and I liked the color.  :up2: If you want upload them both and let QC decide.

Thanks,

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Tori803

Nice job on a tough restore!

Tori
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

Candice

I see what you're saying Margie.  How's this for a little more warmth?

Candice

Mhayes

Yes, this is better. Great job on a very hard restore--time to send it home.  :up:

Thanks,

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Bambi

I agree. Beautiful work, Candice.

Bambi

Candice

Color is subjective.  I'd love to know what it ends up. 

Thank you all   :wnw:
Candice