• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Shepherd

Started by Candice, April 11, 2012, 01:11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Candice

At the suggestion of Bambi, I am posting this lovely picture for you to view. It is a work in progress.  Input welcome.  *note ~ collar outline on separate layer ** ear?

Candice

Bambi

I thought you had a later version, Candy.

Hannie

Hi Candy,

What a terrible mess, most of the detail on the man's face is gone!

For the lady, the 'missing eye" is faintly showing and from what I can tell it seems to be larger than the other eye.  That means that copying and flipping the other eye is probably not a good idea.
Perhaps the faint eye can be "burned" back to life?

As for the whole picture, it is in such bad state that I would probably try and keep it as soft as possible.  Repair the fine damage with a Dust & Scratches filter at low settings. Heal the rest.
The man, we don't know what his eyes look like so I would not worry too much about detail and keep it blurry and soft.

You are very brave to even try this one!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Candice

Quote from: Bambi on April 11, 2012, 03:31:51 PM
I thought you had a later version, Candy.

Starting over... Actually this is the later version.   ^-^
Candice

Candice

Quote from: Hannie on April 11, 2012, 06:02:26 PM
Hi Candy,

What a terrible mess, most of the detail on the man's face is gone!

For the lady, the 'missing eye" is faintly showing and from what I can tell it seems to be larger than the other eye.  That means that copying and flipping the other eye is probably not a good idea.
Perhaps the faint eye can be "burned" back to life?

As for the whole picture, it is in such bad state that I would probably try and keep it as soft as possible.  Repair the fine damage with a Dust & Scratches filter at low settings. Heal the rest.
The man, we don't know what his eyes look like so I would not worry too much about detail and keep it blurry and soft.

You are very brave to even try this one!

Hannie

Aw Hannie you're being nice!  Brave?  Let's try crazy, but sometimes that's what's called for. 

:wow:
Candice

Hannie

Guess you're right Candy, we all have to be a little crazy at least to do these restores!
Would love to see your progress when you get there.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

Yes, being a little crazy will help on this one and if you aren't in the beginning, you will be in the end.

The man is such a challenge, because no matter what you try you are left wondering if you are getting close to how he looked---the eyes and mouth. I agree with Hannie on how to handle it.

Good Luck!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Candice

To some it may not seem like much of a change but it is considering how many times I've layered it and each time a little more comes out.  Am trying to "not to over work" while bringing back the faces.

Interesting thing about picture when you post them on the net...sometimes you see things that you do not see in Photoshop.  in the original, I see the man in a suit jacket as well as a vest. 
It's in the shadowing. 

Candice

Mhayes

Candice, there is no way to rush this one. You have really done some great clean up. On the woman do some shading on her neck towards her ear so you have a jaw line that would keep her neck from looking so think. I still think her eye on your your right doesn't look as narrow and the catch light is on the opporiste side---yes, a nit pic. On the other hand I may have stared at this took long. I think you are getting really close on her.

Nice job on the clothing, but the man's face is such a challenge and mainly because of the damage over his eyes. I think his mouth is open with lower teeth showing. I'm betting the black on his teeth is damage and not spacing between the teeth. I would smooth out the two white round spots on this neck so that is doesn't look like he has a goiter--he may have.

I think you have done a great so far.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Bambi

I know how long and hard you've been working on this one. This is really starting to look great.

Bambi

Candice

Still working.  Lots to go especially with shading. Clothes are coming along.   Many layers...

Candice

Hannie

Candy, the faces look great!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Candice

Thank you Hannie.  This is a labor of love and stubbornness.
Candice

Candice

More to do with the shading and I think I see a mustache, but the owner of the picture could confirm this.

Candice

Mhayes

Coming along nicely!  :up:  I will try to contact the owner about the mustache.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]