• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Press for Upcoming Copy Run

Started by Mhayes, March 27, 2012, 09:00:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhayes

Hi Everyone,

Sure is quiet on the forum, so I thought you would like to know what is happening behind the scenes for our copy run next week to Hummelstown. The Patriot-News in Harrisburg, PA has already done an interview and it should be coming out soon. Today I got a call fro Craig Lane with WITF Radio in Harrisburg wanting to do an interview and Kate sent on a request from the Sun Newspaper in Hummelstown wanting to do an interview. I think we are going to get plenty of coverage. Thanks to Kate, Matt, and Mike for their efforts.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

That is good news Margie.  All publicity is welcome, I think we may have a huge turnout in Hummelstown next month!

:up2:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Pat

The following link will take you to an article the Patriot News published on March 18 regarding the Hummelstown Copy Run:

http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we/Archives?p_action=doc&p_docid=13D98422EE7EB5C0&p_docnum=1

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Mhayes

Hi Everyone,

Just finished a live interview with Craig this morning on WITF radio and Kate Arline was thrilled that they would be covering our event.

Pat, I'm hoping that the Patriot-News article will be more in depth before we come. The reporter covered a lot of areas that weren't mentioned, not to mention about students helping out on the run.

Seems hard to believe what was once so far away is not just around the corner.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Tori803

Pat, the link wouldn't work for me, but I found this: http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/03/organization_to_copy_and_resto.html

I hope we get lots and lots of photos!

Tori
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

Pat

Thanks for your link Tori.  I see that you are right; my link did work initially but now gives the message that the search has expired –sorry.

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author