• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

PhotoShelter Upgrade Notice

Started by Mhayes, March 23, 2012, 10:34:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhayes

Hi Everyone,

Saturday March 24 at 12:01 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. (EDT). PhotoShelter will be doing a major upgrade and will be down. Hopefully it will go smooth, if not we may have our website down to avoid questions. OK, just kidding on the last part.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Thanks for the heads up Margie!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

Hi Everyone,

PhotoShelter wasn't kidding when they said they were doing major changes. The links showing to your left still work, but the shortcut that I had on my desktop did not work and I had to do a new shortcut. Right now the Archive that we store the photos and see your returns is totally different and if you request a photo or return one today, please be patient as it is going to take some time to sort things out. In the end the change may be better for everyone.  :D

Thanks,

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Lisarose

Good to know!  I thought it was just my computer misbehaving!  BTW I have been sick so the picture I currently have will be delayed a few days.  My eyes hurt too much to work on it.  I'll be back at it soon.   :up:

Lisa

Mhayes

Lisa,

Sorry to hear you are sick and unfortunately the distributors may take to their sick bed soon at the rate things are going.  :P

Before we were always able to see comments on photos in the gallery and click on the photo to see how many were requesting the photo. Now that is gone and we have to go through every single photo and then check on the right side for comments. This is beyond time consuming. For now, if you currently are interested in a photo, contact the distributor. For now until Jonas comes back on, it will be the three of us.

For Jonas Gallery---contact: [email protected]
For Tess      "     --- contact: [email protected]
For Bambi    "     --- contact: [email protected]

For now this is only a Band-Aid until some of the kinks get worked out of the new system or until we can find a better way to do things. Unfortunately behind the scenes nothing has stayed the same in PhotoShelter. I think for professional photographers, the changes maybe great, but for us . . .

Thanks,

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]