• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Old Picture

Started by GP, March 15, 2012, 04:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GP

I'm currently working on an old black&white picture. There is not a lot of detail, but a lot of damage.
This is what I have so far. You will see still some damage and I will probably not be able to fix everything without messing up the character of the portrait. Please let me know what you think.

PS CS5, PSE9, XP, Windows 7 -64bit

Mhayes

GP,

I think it looks pretty good and I like that you kept the variation in the sky. Maybe a little white where the trim was missing, but that is just nit picking on my part. I was even toying with more contrast, but I like it the way you have it. The photo even though it is cleaned up, it kept the old look. The thing that really got my attention is the vines blocking the window--it looks weird. Maybe they didn't like the west sun.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Gerlinde, I also like your restore, it still has the look and feeling of the original.
Only 1 very small suggestion for the sky would be to add some kind of noise to match the rest of the photo?

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

GP

Thank you Margie and Hannie.

It is always good to have someone else look at your work. I spend several hours cleaning up the left side of the picture, only to realize the next day, that I had eliminated the gate in front of the woman to the left.

I had zoomed in to close and thought the black line going down her dress as damage.  >:(
Fortunately it was easy to go back and fix it.

I will have an other look at the picture and keep your suggestion in mind.

:hug:

GP

This is the completed picture I sent to Margie:

Bambi

Beautiful work, Gerlinde. You saved a treasure.  :wnw:

Mhayes

Gerlinde, I received your restore and it looks great!

Thanks,

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

GP

Thank you very much for the feedback!  :loveit:

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator