• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Joplin, OPR, Morning Express with Robin Meade

Started by jneil2, May 21, 2012, 08:44:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jneil2

Margie went to Joplin today and was interviewed by Robin Meade with HLN Morning Express.  An excerpt of the interview will be on tomorrow morning.at 5am and 7am CST.  This will be on the anniversary of the Joplin tornado one year ago.  Just want everyone to be aware and see the segment when it is aired.

Jan

Tori803

Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

Tess (Tassie D)

This is the only one I can find. You can see Margie sitting in the background but they didn't interview her?

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2012/05/22/lost-photos-joplin-facebook
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

Hi Everyone,

Just got back this afternoon and pretty much want to be a couch potato! I have mixed feelings about the trip. I did get interviewed by Robin Meade with Headline News (HLN) as did Nanda Sparks, and Thad Beeler. The interview with Nanda was good for OPR, because it showed her and the before/after photos we did for her and how much they meant to her. However, her interview was only on at 5:00 and 7:00 a.m. I saw it at 7 a.m. and that was great, but the interview I did and the one Thad Beeler (Pastor/Music) did, were never shown on the live broacast. Thad's interview that Robin went on how good it was only made it to the show, but rather the Link that Tess found is on their website. Thad is with the First Baptist Church in Carthage and his group are the ones that are storing, cleaning, and filing all 30,000+ photos that were scattered by the tornado. Of those they have returned over 8,000. I'm not upset that my interview was not shown, but it seems like a lot of wasted time.

What wasn't a waste of time was getting with Thad Beeler and meeting the volunteers at the Joplin Library as people came in to look through notebook after notebook of copies of the photos that had been turned into the church. I had a table with before/after photos that were restored from the Joplin tornado and people were blown away that we could do work that great. We will be working closely with some that came in and claimed photos and will have Thad schedule a time to get copies of their photos to send to us. Joplin is a project that we will be involved with for a long time.

I also got to meet and visit with Nanda and her Mother both Monday and Tuesday. It is wonderful to meet in person and hear personally from someone we have helped.

After I finished my interview, the camerman asked about OPR and took a brochure and said that his wife would like to join.

It's great to be back and I will have a photo to upload later, but right now I want to crash!

Margie

P.S. HLN said that we could get the video later, but I have my doubts.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Welcome home Margie, thanks for the report.  I watched the interview with Thad, too bad your interview is not available on line.
I hope more people will be reunited with their lost photos, the report will be a big help.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]