• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Rhoads Portrait

Started by david_gr, March 01, 2012, 04:30:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

david_gr

Margie, I'm trying to at least get the easy ones from Joplin out of the way.  :)

Here is a portrait of the Rhoad's. It's looks pretty straightforward.  I used a black fill in the dress since I could find no detail the original.

Folks, I welcome your comments or suggestions. These restorations seem to be a learning experience no matter how easy. Thanks.  :)

David Gr

Mhayes

David,

I thinks she looks really nice and you are right about the dress as there is no texture at all.  :up:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

schen

Looks great David.  Maybe you would like to enhance the contrast of the face and hair a little bit.

Was that stain or photographer's stamp at the lower right corner over her left arm?
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Hannie

Great job David!
The (our) left side of her hair can use some contrast?

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

david_gr

Schen, There was no lettering that I could see.  It looks like the lines were transferred from something else when photo was wet.

You Folks are amazing regarding the contrast.  I changed it as much as I dared and it made a noticeable difference.  :wnw:

Here is what I came up with.

Margie, I will upload it with comment "Jonas Gallery". 

Thanks again for the input everybody.

David Gr  :)

schen

David,

You did a great job.  The amount of contrast you added to her hair and face looks just right to me!

The ink does transfer when the photos are wet and stack together.  The most ironic one I restored had the imprint of the instructions on how to preserve a photo.

Shujen
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Hannie

Great job David!

Shujen that photo with the imprinted instructions sounds like a great illustration an OPR project.
Haven't figured what though...  :)

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]