• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

RED

Started by G3User, February 21, 2012, 02:17:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

G3User

Not sure where all the red came from but finished up relying on the skin tones to set the color correction. Then every time I looked at it I had to have another fiddle :P

I am using a calibrated monitor and the timber wall is fairly close to the top of my desk so I think it is OK but need the usual check.

Glad to see us back on line

Athol

Hannie

Hi Athol ,

Some of our photos lately have a lot of red, must have been something in the water?  ;)
You did a great job on these difficult colors!

Perhaps increase the contrast some, you can use luminosity mode to keep your colors where they are now?

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Bambi

Beautiful work as usual, Athol! I agree with Hannie. We've had some luck with these wedding dresses by creating a new layer with only the dress, setting it to Multiply and adjusting the Opacity. (I know you've done it before, but it might be new for some members.)

Bambi

lurch

My question is whether the real roses/bridesmaid dresses were red or violet. Margie? The bride's dress is very nicely white, but the paneling tends toward purplish and the bridesmaid's hair has a noticeable bluish cast. Perhaps what's needed is a selective color adjustment to separate the coloring on the bride's dress from the rest of the image.
<C>

Mhayes

I made a call to the owners and the husband answered and was hard pressed to answer without seeing. Plus, he wanted his wife to weigh in on the colors as "she would know better." I have sent the link to this post on an email so that they both can view. Will let you know as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Mhayes

I just received this email from Kevin:

QuoteHey Margie

The roses are more red, the background and bride's dress are very good the bridesmaids dresses are also more red, the original picture's colors are really pretty good if they can be combined if not the recolored one is pretty good. Thank you for all your hard work and the others involved.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

G3User

Thanks all.

Interesting Lurch, the purplish hue on the wall is more noticeable on the forum image than in PS but certainly needs attention. The darker areas of the brides hair do have a slightly higher blue content and some of the shadows on the wall are similar. I find it difficult to see those sort of issues, is there a trick to finding them or do you just have good eyes?

Bambi, have sent a version with increased contrast as Hannie suggested. I used USM 20 20 for an overall luminosity contrast increase but will try your suggestion for the dress. More versions to follow.

Thanks for chasing the owner Margie, I will check the hue on the original and see how it compares with what I posted and post again.

What is the feeling about the skin tones?

Athol

Mhayes

Athol, I think your skin tones look fine. Also, as we have mentioned before that reds on the forum often look different than they do on your computer. It maybe that only when you upload back to the distributor will the true colors show up.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

lurch

Hi Athol,

QuoteI find it difficult to see those sort of issues . . .
Just takes practice, no trick except thinking in terms of the color's components. I guess by now I have a good eye, but didn't always. Still have trouble distinguishing a blue cast from excess magenta. BTW, your skin tones are good.  And I'm glad I'm not the only one who has to go back and fiddle . . .
<C>

Bambi

Beautiful work, Athol.

Bambi

G3User

Final version I hope

Correcting the brides hair also fixed the purplish tinge on the lh wall, the shadows and also increased the hue of the dresses from 340ish to the high 340s. Looked much better, thanks Lurch.

Bambi, I used the multiply layer on the brides gown, most below the waist and reduced above. Certainly helped.

Margie, the hue of the original image put the bridesmaids dresses between 358 and 2. On this version I have taken them to 350-354ish. More than that looked garish and even where I am at may be too much.

I await you verdict ;)

Athol

Mhayes

Athol, I think this looks great!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Beeeoutiful!

:up2:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Pat

Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

schen

Athol, great work.  Looks like brand new.

Shujen
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6