• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

What is hanging???

Started by Johnboy, February 14, 2012, 02:18:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnboy

This is my latest WIP but it is no where ready for checking. My question is what is "hanging" at the viewer's bottom left that is circled? It looks like it could be part of the dress. With the gap there it is not likely part of her leg. Could someone please check with the owner as to what it may be? Do I need to keep it or can it be taken out? This is from Tess's gallery.

Thanks for the help.

Johnboy

glennab

Hi JB

That's an interesting little "goober" at the bottom of the image.  I don't think it's part of the girl's dress, because if it were, I'd think it would be straight, rather than curved.  If it's actually part of the photo, I'd guess it's part of the desk leg with a round piece of damage in the middle that matches the one that's a little to the left. My guess is that the grey line that curves beside the outer line is part of the leg, because they match too closely to be damage.  It's probably a metal piece in the leg.  I'd get rid of the two circles and leave the rest.

If that doesn't seem to be logical, then the other option would be to get rid of the entire curved piece and leave the leg.  I doubt that it would be missed.  IMHO.

Cheers

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Johnboy

Hi Glenna,

Nice to hear from you. The reason I thought it part of the dress is that the color is similar to the dress. Since it seems to curve gently, to me that was another clue that it could be cloth. It could be a leg. Notice to the left there is a black leg to the "shelf", and the locations between the two seem to be off. Possibly a leg, but I am not that sure.

Thanks for the input.

Johnboy

schen

Johnboy, I agree with Glenna that removing it or leaving it as is probably would not make any difference.  My guess is that the yellow circle with a little blue circle on its lower left and the smaller yellow circle to the left are damages.

Now you piqued my curiosity.  If you like, could you crop that part and post it in original resolution.  Otherwise, I am going to spend the whole night thinking about it  :mad:
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Mhayes

Johnboy, actually it is a lever to the table that has a small bubble in the circle to tell if the table is level. Those tables were quite popular in the classrooms in the 60's.  ::) OK, me bad, but when I seen that Shujen was going to stewing over this all night---I couldn't resist. I agree with both Glenna and Shujen and doubt it will be missed if you take it out.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Johnboy

Thanks Margie. I'll color it gone when I get to that area.

Shen, Hope you didn't loose too much sleep over what ever it is.

Johnboy