• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Old Vintage Look

Started by Pat, February 01, 2012, 08:22:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Hi Everyone,

I fell in love with this photo the minute I saw it.  Please take a look and let me know if anything more needs attention.  It seems that the original was a tint but I'm not sure I have quite right tint color.  Also I had a difficult time sorting out the background so I'm not sure I've treated that quite right.  Thank you.

Original:

WIP Tint:

WIP B/W:

Pat 
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

philbach

Hi Pat.  It looks to me like the original photo had some water damage on the girl decreasing her contrast  some and fading the background to the right of the girl.

The finished photos to me show a difference in contrast between the faces of the boy and the girl.  Perhaps slightly increasing the girl's contrast may help
phil

Pat

Thank you Phil.

WIP Contrast Adjust:

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

philbach

phil

schen

Pat,

I think I will go even darker on her so that the shadow under her hat matches the shadow under his hat.

Shujen
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Pat

Good advice Shujen, thank you.

WIP Hat Shadow Adjust:

Pat
Pat