• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

another pic to view please

Started by battleaxe, January 23, 2012, 11:03:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

battleaxe

Still some to clean up .... ;D....partically on the top.

Not sure I can do anymore on the bottom 2 thirds.

Might be sending this one back after a couple more tweeks

Hannie

Very smart Battleaxe, how you made the reflection of the trees in the background and the water directly behind the 2 girls.
I notice that the water partly runs over the 2 girls, it needs a little more masking in that area.
It may also help if you lowered the opacity of the water reflected trees some and darken/blur the water right behind the girls?

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

battleaxe

Thanks Hannie,
  I will look over my masking.

The tree water reflection is so high because of the damage, that was the lowest opacity/ fill I could put it.  I'll try high blurring the damage underneath, then try it again.

The girl without glasses is so damaged  I'll try again to repair her better.

I used the river water my husband had in his files (hope that was alright).  He is a photographer. Mostly landscapes. I tried to use what was in the pic but it was too splotchy. Couldn't find a big enough area. 

Pat

Hi Nancy,

What a difficult photo!  You've really come a long way on it, hang in there.  Thank you for taking it on.  On this portion of the original I zoomed in 300% and used the spot healing tool at 3px to clean up the young lady's face.  This method preserves an amazing amount of detail.

I think you could probably select her arm on the left of your photo and layer via copy, edit, transform, flip and use on the right side. 

Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

battleaxe

Thanks Pat will do

The girls have their own PSD files

I have toned down the waves, blended them in ( no white caps), and blurred the reflections on the top

did agressive dust and scratch removal at the top

will post it soon

Again thanks everyone

battleaxe

Here is my latest try.  The girl with no glasses does not have any detail except for the face.
Tried to blend the water as best I could.  Think this is my last try with this one.

Pat

Nancy you've done a really nice job on an exceptionally difficult photo!  :up2:  

One thing needs just a little more attention.  The girl with the glasses seems to have a white outline right at the crown of her head between her hair and the water which is a little distracting.  
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

battleaxe

Thanks Pat,
  There seems to be a bit of a white smudge beside the other girl too, and along the bottom.  Must of got too close with the healing brush. Will clone the errors out.

battleaxe

Pat

Pat

Mike S.

Nancy,

After a lot of hard work, a very nice restore.

Mike
Mike S.

Mhayes

Nancy, great job on a tough one!  :up:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]