• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

A Hallmark Presentation

Started by Mhayes, January 21, 2012, 01:03:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhayes

Hi Everyone,

Back in October OPR volunteer Phil Huglett approached me with an idea that Doug Bell, another OPR volunteer, had about promoting OPR at Hallmark.  Here is what Phil had to say:

QuoteWe have a whole group here called Creative Technology, which supports all the creative needs with regards to software/hardware. That's where Doug works. They send their staff to Adobe conferences and work directly with Apple and other providers to share their expertise with the creative staff at Hallmark.

So they have this monthly info session called the Digital Cafe, where people come in over lunchtime and share tips, tricks and tutorials to anyone interested in learning. Sometimes it's formal with videos and handouts, sometimes its just a group of geeks showing off to each other. I have learned tons of tricks at these lunches.

But he just asked if I wanted to spend an hour sharing info about OPR with the staff. It would be a great way to spread the word and get more involvement from the people here. (We have over 500 creative professionals) I could share some of the tutorials you have on the site, show some examples, give a tour of Photoshelter, etc.

I was thrilled when a few days ago Phil sent some photos that were taken at the meeting. So far we have two new volunteers that signed up because of Phil's talk. The great thing is that Phil was able to talk about his experience at the Joplin Copy Run. The other great thing is that Hallmark supports their employees helping non-profit organizations.

Photo by Phil Hughlett

Photos by Mike Schwabauer

:wnw:

Thanks Phil!

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Great photos, love the poster.
It would have been fun to be at the meeting, great job Phil!

How generous of Hallmark to support their employees helping nonprofit organizations.

Margie, thanks for posting this and Phil thanks for all that you do for OPR!

:up:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Pat

Way to go Phil, thank you  :up2:   and a big round of applause for Hallmark

Pat

Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Bambi

Great job, Phil. Good to know there are still a few companies like Hallmark around.

Bambi

glennab

Bravo Phil and Bravo Hallmark.  How wonderful to get more word out about OPR - and more volunteers.

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Candice

Candice

schen

Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6