• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Wedding

Started by Bambi, January 12, 2012, 06:32:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bambi

Original

WIP

This is a big print (14x19.5), so please look it over closely and let me know what I've missed. Appreciate your help.

Bambi

Hannie

Beautiful photo and a beautiful restore!

Bambi, do you remember the tip from Kev, it was a while ago but it had to do with motion blur and curtains?  I wonder if just a little of that would help even out the curtains some.
http://www.operationphotorescue.org/forum/index.php/topic,3083.0.html
(towards the bottom)

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

Bambi, looks beautiful and I love the photo.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Pat

Don't you just love working on these old wedding photos, you've done a wonderful job Bambi!

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Bambi

Thank you, Hannie. The motion blur trick is fabulous! I copied and pasted the curtains into a new layer. Adjusted the motion blur to straighten the curtain folds, then adjusted the layer opacity. Just enough to smooth the folds but allow some of the original grain to show through. To finish, I used a soft light layer to burn and dodge the splotchy areas.

Then added a little color with a Hue/Sat adjustment layer. Pat, I do love wedding pictures from this era. Such a treasure!

Mhayes

Bambi, beautiful restore!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

I really like what you did Bambi and it was just enough to bring the focus back from the curtains to the couple.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

glennab

Bambi, this is a gorgeous restoration.  My wig is off to you for doing such a great job!

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)