• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Coming This Spring

Started by Mhayes, January 12, 2012, 01:25:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhayes

Hi Everyone,

Things look a little slow on the forum, but behind the scenes things are picking up. As you know we wanted to help the Northeast after they got hit by tropical storms caused by Hurricane Irene. We are now planning on heading to Hummelstown, PA on April 6-7. The copy run will be held at William H & Marian C Alexander Library. This is a great location as it is in a town that got hit hard as did surrounding areas. In the coming weeks I will have more information.

Besides helping in Pennsylvania, we will still be offering help to Joplin. It is hope to have copies of the collected photos at a mall in Joplin for viewing.

You all are doing a great job on the Joplin photos and you have made a lot of families very happy!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

jfharrison

Hi Margie & Company,

I think the location for the upcoming photo run is Hummelstown, PA -- (not Huddlestown).

Hummelstown is just southwest of Hershey and the Swatara Creek was the source of the local flooding.

I'm looking forward to joining the other OPR volunteers in April for the event.

Best regards

---Jared Harrison

Jared Harrison
Elmira, NY

Mhayes

Hi Jarod,

You are right and it just goes to show that I should not be typing anything after midnight,  :-[  I corrected the post with the right spelling.

If we are good on funds; I hope to meet you and the group in April. Hopefully a lot of the photos have not been thrown away, I think there will be a good turnout.

Thanks,

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Pat

Hi Jared,

How wonderful that you will be able to join us in Hummelstown, we can't wait to meet you!  Mike and I have been on two Copy Runs, Stark County Ohio and Joplin.  I can guarantee you it's an experience you will always remember and never regret.  To get just a little feel for what being on a Copy Run is like take a look at

http://www.operationphotorescue.org/2011/09/stark-county-ohio-gets-mini-copy-run-2/
on the OPR Home Page Blog, and also 

http://www.operationphotorescue.org/forum/index.php/topic,3423.msg30871.html#msg30871  on the  OPR Forum

Pat

Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author