• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Inserting photos into threads

Started by bjtx, January 08, 2012, 08:57:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bjtx

Hi,
I'm still trying to figure out forum requirements.
Is it possible to upload & insert images directly from a personal computer, rather than linking to Photobucket, etc.
---  say 500 px on largest size & not more than 256 k  ----   or something similar.

thanks

betty
(aka - Betty )  CS6, PS CC,  Win 8.1; 175+ restorations so far & hope to do more :) 
Favorite site http://yourshot.nationalgeographic.com/daily-dozen/

Bambi

Hi, Betty:

The best way to put your originals and WIPs up on Forum is to follow the directions in the Navigating OPR, beginning on page 3. The directions include Photo Bucket. Hope that helps.

Bambi

Hannie

Hi Betty,

Welcome to the forum!
Bambi already told the best way to go for adding images to a forum post.

Unless your computer is an imaging storing host such as Photobucket, you can not directly link a photo from your computer to a forum post.   

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

bjtx

Thanks for all the helpful info & welcomes.
----------------------------------------------

I have question on another topic ----   about  requesting subsequent photos to work with.

Is there a suggested waiting period between receiving an email notifying me that the  restoration I just completed was approved & placing a request for another photo to work with?

Sometimes,  immediately after receiving an approval email, I would like to request another photo to work with  ---  maybe, even from the same gallery.

The question is - should I wait to place the new request - if so how long?  Or should I request from a different gallery, even though my first choice is within the same gallery as the photo which was just completed-approved?

Are there guidelines posted somewhere on the topic of requesting subsequent photos?

(I sure hope I'm not being confusing.)

TIA
BJ

EDIT:  I just noticed that I accidentally posted this thread in the wrong place.  It should have gone into a general questions section.  -- sorry

(aka - Betty )  CS6, PS CC,  Win 8.1; 175+ restorations so far & hope to do more :) 
Favorite site http://yourshot.nationalgeographic.com/daily-dozen/

Mhayes

Hi BJTX,

The only waiting period before requesting a photo is only that your last photo has been approved by the distributor. Once you get that email, you are free to pick another photo from any gallery. It is only when you go to select another photo that we ask you to stay in one gallery. The reason is that if the distributor sees that you have a 2 0f 2 choice and can't find number one, it causes wasted time looking for the other request.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]