• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Tis the Season

Started by Mhayes, December 10, 2011, 10:54:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhayes

Hi Everyone,

Thought maybe it would be fun to post Christmas photos past or present and that includes your pets. Holly got her first visit with Santa today at the pet store. Was she afraid, nooooooo. Was she hard to get to look at the camera, yes! A squeaky toy finally helped to capture her attention and when she got down the kid dropped the toy and she ran off with it. Guess she thought that was her Xmas toy.

Look forward to seeing what photos you have that will bring a smile on everyones face.

Margie

P.S. My cats will get in on the act, but Santa is out unless he wants a blood transfusion.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Theresa H

What a Great picture! Like you, I think the only shots of my cats I'm going to get are in my tree. I personally can't believe it hasn't fallen down yet ;p
Character is what you are, reputation is what other people think you are

Hannie

Margie, what a funny photo of you and Holly!  (the beard looks great on you)
Christmas is not a big thing over here so I really don't have any funny photos.  I did come across this inflatable Santa at the town hall the other day.  :)

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

kiska

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

glennab

Margie, Holly is so darn precious.  I love the photo. 

I think I'm going to dig around in my archives and see if I can find the Christmas card with the photo of all my babies before I lost so many of them.  It would make me feel good to have a memorial of the ones who are gone, even though several come to visit off and on, and two of them inhabit Scooter and make him act like them (it's really spooky - just like the movie Ghost - except he doesn't talk like them.  No one could talk like Aaron Neville!)

Hannie, sometimes I wish Christmas were more low-key here, as well.  It's such a mad dash for everyone that is isn't fun the way it once was. We've made it more of a time just to be with friends and family and don't do the gift giving extravaganza, and it takes a lot of the pressure off of everyone. Facebook has a campaign going to get back to the simplicity that Christmas once was.  Making gifts and doing simple things.  I hope many people follow some of the great ideas that have been suggested.

Kiska:  hmmmmmmmm?  I get really nervous when you say things like that!
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Pat

Holly is a real treasure Margie.  I just love those ears!  Unfortunately we don't have any Christmas photos of our beloved little Cairn terrier that is no longer with us.  Jake loved opening gifts and no matter how we tried to disguise them in boxes and paper he could always pick out which ones were his when it came time to reveal the contents.

Glenna I too wish for a more low-key holiday season.  My best memories of Christmas when I was a kid are of warm fires, hot cocoa, sledding, snowmen and visiting with cousins I only got to see a couple of times a year. 

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Tess (Tassie D)

Here is a photo my daughter took after she placed the antlers on our dear dog's head. This will be our second Christmas without our Lady.

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

Thanks everyone, but Hannie you get a lump of coal in your stocking for the beard remark.

Tess, what a cute picture of Lady, but it makes you want to hug her and say: "Poor Baby!"

If any of you have photos of you at a younger age at Christmas---post them.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

PatW

Tess, that picture gave me a lump in my throat.  What a wonderful dog!

Margie, you're lucky Santa gave that adorable pup back.   That... um... was Santa right?  It wasn't really you in a beard, was it?  I mean, Hannie has a point.... the likeness is uncanny, but....

:funny:

glennab

We have too many missing beloved animals this year.  I'm without 7 of my babies, and since I'm being "grandma-napped" tomorrow and hauled north to Williston, I won't have time to post photos until probably after Christmas.  Somehow this conspiracy cropped up last night and my beloved daughter-in-law is driving down to haul me away for a week or so.  Hence, should I not get a chance to steal their laptop for a while during my stay up in north Fla., I want to wish all of my wonderful OPR pals a glorious holiday and lots of happiness and fun with family and friends.

Hugs a million.

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Mhayes

GK, have a safe trip and enjoy your Christmas. As to Hannie and PatW, all I can say is that you two will be getting a lump of coal in each of your stockings. BAD!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Will it have a red ribbon tied around it?
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

Hannie, it will be wrapped in an old sock and not with a red ribbon---if you and PatW are good, the sock will be clean, if not . . .   ::)

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

PatW

♬  Oh you're a mean one, Mrs. Grinch....♬ 

Mike S.

Looks like the water is getting to deep for me so I am just going to wish everyone a Very Merry Christmas, Good Health, and a Prosperous Happy New Year.

Mike

Mike S.