• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Another set of Eyes

Started by brian, September 20, 2011, 05:52:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brian

Here is the original.

Here is the work in progress ; any comments would be appreicated .

Brian

Bambi

Beautiful restore, Brian. What a cutie!

Looks a little bit too red and the blues are a little too bright. I would use a Curves Layer to increase yellow a little overall and maybe remove a little red to match the skin tones and make the blues just a little more aqua. Also, there's a bit of pink mixed into the blue carpet where you fixed the damage by her feet.

Nice work on the first pass.

Bambi

Hannie

Brian, nice repair work on this beautiful baby!
I agree with Bambi on the colors.  Some time ago Kiska posted how to do a levels and then curves adjustment layer.  It is just a few post down, ignore the blue channel part in this topic.
http://www.operationphotorescue.org/forum/index.php/topic,3257.msg29326/topicseen.html#msg29326
I found this method very helpful in your restore.  For the grey dropper I used the shadow under the chin of the stuffed animal.

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

brian

Please take a look at my second attempt. I reworked the restore and changed the color adjustment. Thanks to Bambi and Hannie for their comments.

Brian

Bambi

Looks great, Brian. Beautiful restore.

Bambi

Mhayes

Brian, I love your second attempt.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

PIERCED6966

Hi, the main issue i see that no ones picked up on is the over use of cloning on the cuddly toy. personally id have cloned the whole left foot to the right rotating it after repair then use content aware tool if you have photoshop 5.

Mhayes

Good point, although I would have found it simpler to use the lasso tool on the good leg and put it on its own layer>transform>flip horizontal and use a  layer mask while repairing.

This  was posted on Sept 25, so it has been finished and sent to QC. Still a nice restore.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]