• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Class Assembly Before and WIP

Started by Mike S., November 14, 2011, 05:58:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike S.

Good day everyone,

Please see the Class Assembly Before and WIP and let me know if I need to do anything else.

Thank you,

Mike

Assembly Before:

Assembly WIP:

Mike S.

PhotoBob

Mike,
To me, the WIP looks too dark and contrasty. Compare to  the areas in the original that aren't damaged.

Bob
PhotoBob
"Every cat should come with his own instruction manual."  -- BP Collin

Mike S.

Thanks Bob for your comments,

I now have 12 versions of this and am posting two more.  If either is not acceptable I will either have to have some help or turn it in for someone else to do.   One of the problems is there are no undamaged areas.  Some have less damage than others and there is a white sheen on the entire photo.  I still like the original post.

Class Assembly WIP2:

Class Assembly WIP3:

Mike S.

lurch

I like WIP2. Detail shows in the background that's completely blocked up in Assembly WIP. I agree with Photobob about it's (Assembly WIP, that is) being too contrasty. WIP3 is awful. Sometimes you just have to accept that a photo is too far gone to make it look like it was completely undamaged, much as you want to . . .
<C>

Mike S.

Thanks Bob and Lurch,

I sent # 2 home.

Mike
Mike S.

Hannie

Mike, I know I'm a little late but I think your first WIP wasn't bad at all.  A little dark, yes, but making it any lighter would show too much damage that would be almost impossible to repair without making it look painted. 
To bring out a few lighter spots like faces you can always use a levels  adjustment layer and move the gamma slider some to the left and with a hide all layer mask paint back a few of the faces.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

PhotoBob

Mike, I think your WIP #2 was an improvement. I think you did great with so much of the photo damaged.  Tough one.

Bob
PhotoBob
"Every cat should come with his own instruction manual."  -- BP Collin