• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

How well do you see colour?

Started by Tess (Tassie D), September 14, 2011, 09:19:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tess (Tassie D)

I found this interesting test to see how good we see colour or how well it appears on our monitors lol.
I didn't realise 1 in 12 men have colour problems. I knew more men than women did but not that many. My hubby would maybe get the first one on each line and the rest would all look the same.

http://www.xrite.com/custom_page.aspx?PageID=77&Lang=en
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Pat

Thanks Tess!  It's fun and interesting.  My score was a 7
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Mike S.

I am not so sure I am thanking you Tess,

I am a hopeless man.  Score 32

Mike
Mike S.

Mike S.

OK Tess, maybe a thank you,

I want a second chance.  I turned the monitor up so I could see it and got a 12.

Mike
Mike S.

Tess (Tassie D)

lol Mike 12 is what I got, never thought of turning the brightness up to see it better. It is a pretty good number though and some of those shades are so close.

It also depends on how well our monitors show it too. I'd be interested in the difference on a CRT. Might have to drag the old one out of the cupboard and try on that.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

schen

I got 11.  Must be my monitor's problem.  My eyes are perfect.  ;D
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

PhotoBob

I scored 17. Either my monitor isn't warmed up yet or I haven't had enough coffee, or the test is wrong! As far as I could tell, all the squares were in the right place!   :mad:

PhotoBob
PhotoBob
"Every cat should come with his own instruction manual."  -- BP Collin

kiska

3....second try after brightening monitor.
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Candice

Candice

TerryB

15 here
And a CRT monitor about to get replaced.
Looking forward to trying it on the new monitor.
Confidence is the feeling you have before you understand the situation.

Tess (Tassie D)

Like Kiska I had a second go at it and took my time this time. Got down to 4, just a little weak in the greens.

Poor hubby was sat down in front of it last night and told to move them around according to their colour.
He could only pick out 4 in the whole lot that looked different but couldn't say what colour they were. I can't imagine how hard it is for colour blind people when we rely on them so much.
He is good with primary colours but if you have a beautiful lavender flower on a shrub, he can't see the difference.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tori803

Turning up the brightness on the monitor is the key. Before I did that I thought I was blind. Now it's down to 11.

Good reminder Tess that what we think we see may not be what we're seeing!

Tori
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge