• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Copy Run Stark County Ohio

Started by Pat, August 26, 2011, 08:39:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Stark County Ohio received 5 inches of rain on July 19, 2011 and homes were flooded.  As a result Stark County was declared a disaster area.  Following is a link from their local paper:

http://www.cantonrep.com/news/x121483996/Flood-warning-issued-for-Nimishillen-Creek

Today Mike and I went on a mini copy run for some of the photos damaged in that flood.  We met Marisa who brought photos for her sister Andrea who has been too devastated by the damage done to her photos to bring them herself.  Marisa was the nicest, sweetest person you'd ever want to meet.  She could not seem to thank us enough.  She has visited the OPR website and was amazed at what we do; she had no idea such an organization existed until someone mentioned OPR to her after she'd searched high and low in vain trying to find someone to restore the damaged photos.

Gear up everyone –you'll find that most of the photos are quite easy, we got a lot of them, and they should be showing up in the galleries soon.

Pat

Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Tess (Tassie D)

Well done Pat & Mike. It must have been great to meet Marisa and talk about what we can do with the photos.
Looking forward to our galleries filling again soon. :up:
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

Great job Pat & Mike! That was wonderful that you could meet Marisa and get the photos. I have a feeling that it will be a real healing experience for Andrea when she gets her photos restored. Anyone that can go on a copy run finds that it is the most motivating experience going. Plus, you get the chance to connect with those you are helping.

:hug:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Tori803

Thanks Pat and Mike! Looking forward to seeing the new photos in the galleries.

Tori
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

kiska

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Hannie

Thanks Pat and Mike, you are the best!
Hope Andrea will feel better after she receives her restored photos.

Wishing her the best,

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Pat

Thank you everyone. 

Participating in a copy run and being able to meet and interact with the families we are helping is something that I wish every one of our volunteers could experience at least once. 

After hearing from Marisa that Andrea could not even bare look at some of the photos it seems clear that no matter how much we may think our photos mean to us it's not until all our damaged  photos are spread out before us that we really truly know.

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

jneil2

Good job, Pat and Mike.  Looking forward to working with you in Joplin

Jan

PhotoBob

Good deal that we can jump in there and help them in Ohio Pat. Here we thought we were going to be board until the Joplin photos hit the gallery!  This will make a great warm up  :up:

PhotoBob
PhotoBob
"Every cat should come with his own instruction manual."  -- BP Collin

Pat

Thanks PhotoBob,

You're right!  After the galleries being empty or near for a while we are definitely going to need to warm up for Joplin.

Pat
Pat

happyheart

Wow...I grew up in Stark county, Ohio.....and hadn't even heard about this flooding!  I'll check out the photos.
If it's artsy or Photoshop, I'll give it a try!
aka Betty