• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Baby blues

Started by Hannie, August 20, 2011, 10:01:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judy

Thanks Sandra,  I was imagining the lighting from the other side and it didn't make sense.  I'll learn someday!  I am amazed at someone creating such harsh shadows on purpose anyhow.  Maybe it was supposed to be artsy.

Judy

schen

I have been starring at this one for days and did not know what to say about it.  The setting looks like it was taken at a professional studio.  The lighting seems like a single diffused source that I have never seen professional photographers used in portrait.

The one thing that still puzzles me is the baby's right hand.  Sandra had very good analysis of the lighting but I am not convinced that the light hit only the palm side of her right hand.  The right hand fingers are curled so much, I am expecting to see some brighter spots on the medial side of the fingers which are visible.  Is it possible that something was in the way of the light source and the right hand?

The bright spots of her chin looks like light reflection, a piece of glass or shinning metal?  I did a restoration of few pictures taken at a banquet and the reflection of the mirror under the centerpiece created light blotches.

Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Bambi

Yikes! I thought that was your restore of the baby's face, Schen. Interesting thing about the mirror reflection. Wow.

I'm also thinking it might be smoke from candles or cigarettes that builds a residue on the photo over time, since part of her skin is so dark and blotchy. Her bright hand and chin might have been washed off by the water damage.

Bambi

hughlettstudio

Hi Everyone, this is my first photo with OPR. Thankfully Hannie did all the hard work first. So I wanted to share what I think is very close to the final version.
I would love to hear any comments or critiques form all the experts out there.

Thanks,
Phil Hughlett

Mhayes

Hi Phil,

I think she looks beautiful! This was not an easy photo to work as Hannie can attest. The photo was like working with broken glass and really slow going. The results were worth the wait. Great job, both of you!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Bambi

Hannie

Phil, you have done an amazing job, thanks so much!

I noticed that some of those light/dark streaks in the background may have been caused by my earlier attempts to damage control.  I wonder what the original background looked like?

:up2:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tori803

Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge