• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Pixel and Mac

Started by Bambi, July 03, 2011, 04:26:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bambi

Tess asked to see a bigger picture of my dog(s). They are blue merle Australian Shepherds (not really from Australia, but America). Pixel is now 8 and her little nephew Mac is 2. This is my favorite picture of them.

Bambi

Margery44

Your dogs are so cute!

Pat

Pixel and Mac are absolutely adorable and the way you captured them in that photo is priceless!  You should post that photo in the Pets of OPR Gallery -click on Gallery at the top of this page then scroll down and click on Pets of OPR to see other pets of OPR volunteers.

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Tori803

They are absolutely adorable!

Tori
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

Mhayes

Pixel and Mac are beautiful! I love the picture and especially the expression on their faces that seem to say: "OK Mom, we're playing nice." Was Pixel accepting of Mac in the beginning? I have a Welsh Corgi that is 4 1/2 months old and older dogs don't seem that wild to play with a puppy.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Dany

Wow! They are beautiful! I love the photograph, too...

Bambi

Thank you all. Pixel is Mac's aunt—and took over his training as soon as he set paws in the house. Her corrections can be unnervingly loud, but otherwise, they get along great. They play together, so they get more exercise together than if we only had one. Pixel was 6 in this picture and Mac was about 10 weeks.

Hannie

Hi Bambi,

What a lovely photo, Pixel and Mac look great!  You can almost tell they are related by looking at their eyes. 

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

Thanks so much for posting the photo Bambi. They are every bit as gorgeous as I thought. I had a blue merle Collie some years back, that colour is unmistakable. They look like the best of mates playing together.

I'll have to take a photo from the album and upload mine. It was taken before we had a digital camera so I'll have to do it the hard way lol.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

PatW

Bambi, your dogs look as adorable as they are gorgeous.  That's a wonderful photo!

glennab

Bambi, your pups are absolutely gorgeous. They look so elegant.  And I've heard that they're extremely smart.  Is that true?  OPR is animal lovers central, so we always enjoy seeing volunteers' companion animals.  Thanks for sharing the lovely photo.

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Bambi

Pixel lies on my feet while I work on these restorations. Hope that warm fuzzy feeling comes through in the work.
Bambi

glennab

It can't help but do so.  I have a wonderful, super smart 22 pound cat that is my constant companion - and sitter on keyboard.  I just blame my muck-ups on him, because he's always lying on the keyboard and, shall we say, making life interesting!  That would be Scooter, the smartest cat in the world. Who is now spooking me out and channeling two of my beloved cats that I lost in the last few years.  Is too eerie for words!

And did I mention that he really knows how to turn on the cute?  GK

What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Bambi

Too adorable. Animals soothe me while I work.

glennab

Bambi, I've had many discussions with my animal-adoring friends that our furry companions are soothers and healers.  About 17 years ago I fractured my back and was unable to get up on my own for more than 2 months.  At that time I had 2 wonderful cat guys, and they spend every moment with me - one on either side, cuddled up against me.  I'm not sure how I'd have made it through emotionally without those two precious critters, because everyone else worked, so I spent a lot of time with only them for company.

I feel so sorry for anyone who doesn't have animal companions.  They are such a gift.

GK

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)