• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

TV Interview for Joplin Copy Run

Started by Mhayes, June 12, 2011, 12:58:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhayes

Hi Everyone,

Thought you would like to see the interview that Randy Henderson had with KSN about the Joplin upcoming copy run:
http://fourstateshomepage.com/fulltext-hometowntoday?nxd_id=197127&watch=1&shr=addthis

Victoria Johnson and Randy Henderson have been working nonstop promoting OPR to help their neighbors in Joplin. Here is the site on Facebook that Victoria set up: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Joplin-Operation-Photo-Rescue/117419568344351

I cannot stress enough how important it to have local volunteers help with the planning of an OPR run. To give you an idea of some of things that Victoria has done:

QuoteI distributed 100 brochures; the TV station kept some and will announce that folks can pick them up there. I also hit up the Red Cross station and they knew all about OPR!

As for the brochures; our copy shop gave us a deal of .20 per copy (about half of what is normal) AND they donated the first 50 and the library paid for the next 50. I had a student worker here in the library fold them for me

Besides the brochures and fliers, Victoria requested that we have a 11 x 17 poster that the university will print off for us. This was really hard picking photos to put on the poster, because there are so many great ones that you have done. I spent one night trying to put it together and knew that I couldn't have as many before/after examples on the poster as I would like. The next morning I met with my friend/mentor Kathy Besthorn who was my instructor in college and she took out half the photos and also picked ones that she thought gave a good contrast to the color of the poster. Here it is.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Tori803

Wonderful poster! It's great to see so many people really getting involved!

Tori
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

Pat

Thank you for the update Margie.  Victoria and Randy are certainly to be commended for their tireless efforts in promoting OPR in their attempts to help the residents of Joplin.

Beautiful poster! 
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author