• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

What's behind the doors?

Started by Pat, May 22, 2011, 08:42:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Hi Everyone, This is my latest restoration effort from Margie's gallery.

All comments are appreciated however my main concern at this point is the severely damaged area at the top of the cabinet.  None of the channels held any information indicating the items being displayed behind the glass doors in that area of the photo.

I chose to vaguely hint at items without actually depicting anything that could be truly identified.  However I'm not sure how successful I've been or if doing that would be acceptable practice.

Margie if you have another photo showing this cabinet that I could use as reference that would of course be very helpful.

Original:

WIP:

Thanks!

Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Tori803

Hi Pat! I noticed that the cabinet windows are also reflecting a view through a window, so you have both the unidentifiable objects inside the cabinet and the reflections. Tricky. I think I'd do what you've done, but remove the upper part of what appears to be window frame.

Remove by Tori803, on Flickr

Tori
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

Pat

That piece of window frame looked a little weird to me too Tori -Thanks

WIP_2:
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author