• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

I want to restore something!!

Started by Oldfaded, May 18, 2011, 09:33:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldfaded

Im trying to find photographs to restore. I cant seem to find them.
Im hoping that I dont have to pay to down load the photos. I want to volunteer to help those who have lost their treasures, but I cant afford to pay to do so.
Any help will be appreciated, I have looked around but do have a hard time reading for any amount of time. I know, odd, I can restore for hours, words, Im at odd with...lol
KATE
Old Faded Memories
-------------
Adobe CS5
Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X2

Tess (Tassie D)

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

Hi Kate,

I have sent you a PDF of screen prints that should help. Hang in there, it gets easier and will make sense after awhile---the bad news is that the site will go through updates and a new round of changes.  :-\

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Mhayes

Kat,

Here is a link under the FAQ section on how to make a selection from the galleries and how to sign in. It will show you how to get to the OPR side and not the paying professional side of PhotoShelter.
http://www.operationphotorescue.org/forum/index.php/topic,3010.0.html

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Oldfaded

Yay! thanks to all! I now know how to get the photos to restore. Some are pretty difficult, Hmm I can do my best. :)
KATE
Old Faded Memories
-------------
Adobe CS5

Pat

Kate, please don't be discouraged.  Margie has some in her gallery now that are not too damaged.  Just pick one and when you get to where you need help post what you've done so far in the forum (it's easiest for us to help if we can see what you've done so far) ask questions and we will all be more than happy to jump in with advice.  
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

kevinashworth

Kate - grab 'em now!!  I think they've broke the grunge machine! Now's your chance!  ;D

Hannie

The grunge machine is in the repair shop, should be back soon!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

kevinashworth

Righto,  Miss Hannie. I jez gettin' right on with ma work here. Yes, boss.

>i think she's gone...<

psssst Kate listen up. They (the OPR Officials) think that they've got it over us (restorers) - but they HAVEN'T!
They got a "grunge machine" - some rotten device that splats the photos we work on with custard and dog hairs and goodness knows what, to make things difficult for us.

It's Margie - she's to blame. I been wondering why she stayed so quiet so long - she writing some serious program that enhanced the grunge machine so much that it blew itself apart.

Kate - do it! pick a photo from Margies gallery  -  do it NOwwwwwww www w  ugh.. They've caught me...    carryyy on without me..   gurgle...  >cough< 

Mhayes

Kate,

Never mind Kevin, we never use the grunge machine on newcomers and then only as a training tool.

Kev, I've got a little surprise for you. <sigh, where did I put that masking tape!>

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

glennab

Hi Kate

Welcome to the crazy house at OPR.  Kev, thanks so much for carrying on while I've been resting up.

The grunge machine is awry??  Really??  Truly??  Then get 'em while you can.

AH'LL BE BAHCK!

Hugs all

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Oldfaded

grunge machine now I hardly think thats fair is it?

Looks to me like Kev is a picker tho.... just to be on the safe side Im off to find a grunge plug in for my cs5 ..  :hug:
KATE
Old Faded Memories
-------------
Adobe CS5