• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Updating Disaster!

Started by Mhayes, May 04, 2011, 02:47:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

In the upper right corner Margie, right under the little "dog house" you will see plus and minus signs.  They are kind of faint and hard to see.
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Mhayes

Pat, there is nothing under the "little dog house." If I click on the house all it will get me is the Firefox start page. Maybe there is page with more options?

Thanks,

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Mhayes

I never could find it, but when I add the toolbar; I was able to go up to "View" and see the "Zoom In" and "Zoom Out."  Short cut keys: Ctrl ++ and Ctrl--

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

G3User

If you right click on the tool bar you get a menu, select "customize" which will bring up a small page.

On the bottom left of that page you will see "show", in the adjacent list select "icons and Text". This will add titles to each of the items on the navigation bar.

With the customise window open you can drag and drop tools between the page and the navigation bar and change the order of them on the bar as you wish

Let me know if a screen print would help

Athol

Mhayes

Athol, are you trying to mess with my mind?  :funny: The last part about asking if I needed a screen print sounded on the order of getting me a boy scout to cross the street. I did it, but was too timid to drag and drop tools this late at night. I'm sure I'll have a tool bar second to none, but all I wanted was a magnifying glass.

Thanks for the help!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

kiska

Just updated to FF 4. Can't figure how to organize the Bookmarks. Help.
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Hannie

Firefox 4 is not an improvement to Firefox 3.6.  On the contrary, a lot of things have changed and not for the better.

Bookmarks > Organize Bookmarks" has been renamed to "Show All Bookmarks" in Firefox 4.  (what a stupid name)

This link will show you how to get there:
http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/how-do-i-use-bookmarks#w_how-do-i-create-a-bookmark

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

david_gr

Kiska,

To manage your Bookmarks, left click on the star in the upper right corner to get to your bookmarks.  By left clicking on a specific bookmark and keeping it depressed you can move the bookmark wherever you want.  Right click in the bookmark window, and you can create a new folder.  It took me a while but I figured it out. 

As an alternative, you can also left click on the  orange Firefox block, it will give two menus.  The light blue one has a yellow star Bookmark selection, when you move the cursor over it the bookmark menu appears.

I hope this helps.

David Gr  :)

G3User

Kiska,

If you have the menu bar enabled and can see File Edit View History Bookmarks etc then the Bookmarks drop down menu is more like earlier versions on FF. I find it easier to use

If you can't see that line of text then right click on a blank part of the tool bar and you will have the option to turn it on

Just like PS, there are multiple ways to do things and often the reason for making a change is "just because we can"

Athol

kiska

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Mhayes

Thanks Everyone. I'm getting used to Firefox, but one thing I noticed if that on IE I could right click on the URL and paste in in for a link somewhere else and I don't see that I can do that. I also like how I can do folder nestled within folders on IE.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

G3User

Margie,

If you select "show all bookmarks" from the bookmarks menu or type Ctrl+Shift+B you get to the bookmarks library. If you open a folder then right clicking will give you the option to create a nested folder.

I don't know how to copy a URL to the clipboard, the Firefox help information is quite good and might be worth a search

Athol

G3User

Had a thought

Not as easy as drag and drop but if you view the properties of a bookmark it will show you the URL which you can copy and paste

Athol

Mhayes

Thanks Athol!

Sooner or later I will get use to Firefox.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]