• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

What was your first job?

Started by Pat, April 18, 2011, 06:15:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TerryB

Hannie, do you mean these OPR-sters lurking in the background today: jesterjeni, GK, AlanP, halygd. and TerryB, and schen? Maybe they're mystery shoppers, first job was criminal mischief, or they never had a job. If it's the #2 and #3, we will understand your reluctance.  ;)

Margie

Guilty of lurking Margie, as charged. My first job (6th grade) was as a newspaper route helper, one route for a morning paper and another route for an evening paper. Did that for two years until I got my own evening paper route which I kept for another two years.

Always tried to get home in time to watch the Mickey Mouse Club on TV and proud to say I still remember the words to the theme song.

TerryB
Confidence is the feeling you have before you understand the situation.

kiska

M    I    C    K   E    Y.........
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

TerryB

M    I    C    K   E    Y.........

Thanks kiska for getting that tune started in my feeble brain.
Now I can't get rid of it.
http://www.televisiontunes.com/MICKEY_Mouse_Club.html

kiska

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Tess (Tassie D)

Forever let us hold our banner. High! High! High! High!

I'm never going to sleep now with that going in my head lol.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Pat

TerryB, talk about a nostalgia trip - wow!  I remember Mickey Mouse Club, and what about Howdy Doody?  I remember that song also. :up2:

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

TerryB

Quote from: Pat on April 24, 2011, 09:32:08 AM

TerryB, talk about a nostalgia trip - wow!  I remember Mickey Mouse Club, and what about Howdy Doody?  I remember that song also. :up2:

Pat

OK y'all, now you've really done it.
I have Mickey Mouse Club theme song rattling around in my head and Howdy Doody theme song rattling around in my evil twin's head.
Maybe I'm schizo but at least I have each other  :D
http://www.televisiontunes.com/Howdy_Doody_Show_-_Its_Howdy_Doody_Time_(The).html
All kiska's fault  ;D

Pat

Quote from: Tassie D on April 24, 2011, 01:47:43 AM

Come on Glenna, Max, Athol and everyone else. we'd love to hear your stories.

Tess, I'm thinking that the reason some have yet to respond (I'm not naming any names you understand  >:D) is because they are still on their first jobs and are afraid that we'll find out their assignment is us

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

jesterjeni

perhaps a television critic doesnt count  ;D !!

G3User

Back on line after disk drive problems, remind me never to rely on backup software that doesn't show a warning that the backup drive has died. Then my main drive started playing up :-\

What a varied lot we are

Though I did sell lollies at the local show one year, I wanted to by an EDBee motor for the model plane I was building my first real job after finishing school was as a trainee telephone technician with the Post Master General's Department. Had to leave home and move into a boarding house with 3 other trainees, we didn't get up to any mischief of course.

Selected the best looking photo I could find of me on the handlebars of dad's bike. The bike became mine eventually and one of my sons used it as well. My Scottish ancestry shows.

Here the Vegemite song and Skippy are burned into everyone's brain

Athol

Mhayes

Athol,

What a cute picture, but you don't look like this was fun.  :funny:

It's great to see you back on the forum.

Margie

P.S. I was waiting to see something about knitting needles.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Pat

Quote from: jesterjeni on April 25, 2011, 09:54:35 PM
perhaps a television critic doesnt count  ;D !!

I like that Jeni!  We need to add radio critic.  My family didn't get our first TV until I was around seven years old.  The year before that our nearest neighbor got the first one I'd ever seen.  Prior to that time I remember hunkering down in front of the radio for the Lone Ranger and Let's Pretend shows.  My mom was wild about the Ma Perkins show but at my tender age I didn't put much stock in that one.

Pat
Pat

jesterjeni

I took a trip to the little village I grew up in, the bait shop building is still standing, no signs however that it once was a verry active little bait shop.......as requested here it is :
URL=http://img716.imageshack.us/i/cid41.jpg/][/URL]

schen

The reason I have not posted was because I am still searching for the pictures.  My first job was a summer job at a vaccine lab during my college sophomore year.  The main product we made was Newcastle disease vaccine.  My tasks include punching holes on the shell of the chicken embryos, inject them with Newcastle virus, hatching the embryos, and extracting virus from them to make vaccine.  Occasionally, I got to groom the horses we used to extract antiserum.  The most exciting event was when Newcastle disease hit the area, we were drafted to help inoculate a whole chicken farm.  I think I injected more than a thousand two week old chicks in an afternoon intravenously.
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Pat

Where do bait shops get all that creepy crawly bait anyway?

Schen you must have been planning to obtain a degree in medicine or medical research?

Pat
Pat