• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

What was your first job?

Started by Pat, April 18, 2011, 06:15:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

david_gr

Believe it or not my first job was a newspaper delivery boy for the Miami News.  The bad part of the job was that it seemed to rain a lot when I was delivering my newspapers on a bicycle after school.   :)

Pat

Hi David, my hubby's first job was delivering newspapers on his bicycle also.  I lived on his paper route so that was extra nice :loveit:  We lived out in the country where the roads were dirt and the homes spaced long distances apart so when it rained or snowed his mom would sometimes drive him around his route in their car as he was too young to drive.

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Hannie

Tess what a great photo!  Kiska, that is such a lovely photo of you!
I had to look really hard to find this silly photo.  It was made in Wiesbaden, Germany.  We were both 16 at the time....

Margie, the straw trick was very evil of you, I wonder if he ever figured ou what you did.   :)

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Pat

Hannie what a cute photo.  You look :halo: like you haven't got a devilish bone in your body  :)
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

kiska

Hannie, do I want to know what the hat is for????
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Mhayes

Hannie, I think he figured it out after he choked and later had to be on a respirator. Whoops, me bad! OK, I'm kidding nothing happened and not sure he figured it out since they were small nuts--the kind you put on sundaes.

Neat photos, but Hannie, you and the boyfriend's hat has me puzzled too? (some kind of Dutch dating game?)

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

The hat actually was an empty French fries bag... can you believe the size of it?  And no, we were not pinheads.  (peabrains, yes)
Pat, you are right, I was a very friendly girl but I sure made up for it as I'm getting older!   >:D

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Hannie

Pat, do you have any photos from the time you had your "bedroom" custom computer building company?  It sounds really interesting, you probably know a lot about computers.

Hannie

PS
What about all the other OPR-sters lurking in the backbround?
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

Pat,

Now we know who to ask when we have computer problems.

Love the pictures of Tess, Kiska, and Hannie--really neat to see you at a younger age.

Hannie, do you mean these OPR-sters lurking in the background today: jesterjeni, GK, AlanP, halygd. and TerryB, and schen? Maybe they're mystery shoppers, first job was criminal mischief, or they never had a job. If it's the #2 and #3, we will understand your reluctance.  ;)

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Pat

Hannie I truly wish we had the foresight to document our "custom computer /bedroom factory" with photos but like the old saying goes hindsight is twenty-twenty.  Anyway here I am taking a break at the end of the day and by the looks of it contemplating the wisdom of undertaking such a venture.  :-\

Pat

Pat

jesterjeni

I'm not lurking...my first job was the bait shop, unfortunately my mom died when I was 12 (she got sick when I was 9)  she was 36 and had cancer. my dad remarried that same year and she died too. she was 33 and had a cerebral hemorrhage.. my mom died march 3rd and the other woman on December 27Th ...same year....my dad drank allot and there was no pictures of me or the bait shop during those years infact I have very few pictures that showed I was ever a child...
I love to read what others did, I mean no mischief....!!!

Pat

Jeni how heartbreaking!  I am so so sorry you had to go through that.  Of course we love having you join us to whatever extent you are able or feel comfortable. 

Pat
Pat

Mhayes

Jennifer, I too am sorry for what you went through. I'm also sorry if you failed to see my post as teasing those members who sign in, but don't post. I like to tease people and you would see a glimpse of that when on this post I said one of my customers choked on the nuts and had to be put on a resperator----pure nonsense! There are times when I may be out of sorts, but I enjoy the banter and humor on this forum as well as the restoring part. I don't want anyone to feel uncomfortable by posting.

Pat, that is a lovely photo of you. I think we all have been in situations like that and its easier to bounce back when you are young.

Margie

P.S. You had posted earlier, so you should not have been on the list.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

Sorry to hear of your troubles Jennifer.

Pat that is a gorgeous photo of you. The perfect title would be 'contemplation'.
It looks like you are either thinking 'what am I doing here?' or 'gee I'm tired and my feet hurt.'

Come on Glenna, Max, Athol and everyone else. we'd love to hear your stories.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Hannie

Pat, that is a great photo!  It reminds me of Rodin's The Thinker....

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]