• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

School Photo

Started by Mhayes, April 15, 2011, 01:00:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhayes

Hi Everyone,

I have put one group school photo in my gallery and I need a taker. This isn't a bad photo and the main damage is that it was in three pieces and you will be able to see the splits Other than that it is in really good condition--trust me.  >:D The owner has contacted us wanting to know about her photo and since it is the only one brought in; I'm hoping someone will want this one.

Thanks,

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

MB

I will work on it!   :'(
MB

Mhayes

MB,

Coming your way. You have the wrong smiley, honest!

Thanks,

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

MB

Margie, is this photo supposed to be sepia or B&W?
MB

Mhayes

MB, I would go with B&W or you can do 2 versions.

Thanks,

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

MB

It still has a haze...dont know how to get it better...
MB

G3User

MB, your problem is made more difficult because the original was not evenly lit. The paving across the front is darker on the left than the right and the back row of students is darker than the front.

You can improve things with level layers, masked with a gradient.

First use a levels layer to bring the brightness of the paving on the left to something like that on the right. Add a mask to the layers level, edit the mask to add a gradient white to black with white on the left. This will result in the full levels adjustment being applied on the left and reducing down to nothing on the right.

Now you can do a levels adjustment, masking out the paving to get near white whites over all the front rows. If you really want to get serious, you can use the same technique to equalize the brightness between the front and rear rows before applying the final overall adjustment

Athol