• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

A Thank You from Nashville

Started by jneil2, March 03, 2011, 08:07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jneil2

A few days ago I received an email from a lady who had brought us some photos when we were in Nashville.  She wanted to know when she might expect to see her restored photos:

"I appreciate that your organization is restoring the photos damaged in the flood in Nashville, TN.  I know that we are all emotional about having our photos being damaged in the flood, but I want you to know more about why I am so in need of these photos.  Many of the photos are of my son when he was a baby.  I lost him on Feb. 12, 2010, then the flood came and took too many precious photos and personal items of his.  I could not rebuild my house and I have moved to Hickory, NC.  On November 1, 2010, I was diagnosed with breast cancer.  I had a mastectomy and receiving chemo treatment.  I am sharing this with you because I need these photos to help comfort me.  If there is anyway I could receive these photos sooner, I would be so grateful."

We sent her the photos that had been completed (about 10), and this was the email I received from her today:

"I want you to know that you gave me a great gift today.  The photos arrived this morning.  I cried with joy and, of course, sorrow as I looked at the photos of my baby boy that was taken from me too soon.  The quality of restoring the photos is amazing.  Please give my thanks to all

Just wanted to pass this along to everyone, and to thank you for all the hard work you invest in those restorations....

Mhayes

Jan,

Thanks for posting this as it broke my heart when we first got her email.  I'm so glad that the return of her photos brought so much joy and I hope they help her pull through with her battle with cancer.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Hi Jan,

Thanks so much for posting this lovely note.  It is wonderful to hear that despite all the hardship and grief this lady found some joy in her restored photos.

Thanks everyone for all the hard work you do for OPR, you restored this lady's memories and that is an amazing thing to do.

:loveit:

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tori803

Thank you for posting that note. It reminds us why we joined OPR - to be some help to those who suffer a great loss. Sometimes we help even more than we hoped to. So keep up the great work everyone!

Tori
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

Pat

If any of us ever need a reason to continue in this wonderful work this is it.  It brought tears to my eyes.  Thank you Jan for sharing.

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Tess (Tassie D)

So beautiful to have brought her a little bit of happiness during such a hard time.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]