• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Misery Down Under

Started by Mhayes, January 10, 2011, 08:21:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhayes

Tess, what great news! I hope you have a chance to dry out and realize it will take some time before things go back to normal. Hope things get better for you too Max.

It seems like there is no shortage of bad news, but hearing about your town and its people pulling together is uplifting.

Keep us posted.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

G3User

Good news Tess, now everyone knows where Warracknabeal is and to-days Telegraph had a photo and article about your savior.

Think I heard that 1/4 of the state is suffering from the water and that other communities will be at risk as it flows to the sea. At least there hasn't been the flash flooding problems seen in Queensland and it seems that the evacuations when necessary have been able to be planned for.

Maybe the river red gums and the Coorong will ultimately benefit.

Athol

Tess (Tassie D)

Yes its very uplifting. The news reporter last night called it 'the little levee that could'. I'm so glad Richard, hubby's boss is getting some recognition. Without him there would be 120 homes damaged above floorboard height.
Here's the story on ' The man that built the great wall of Warracknabeal'. http://www.smh.com.au/small-business/entrepreneur/entrepreneur-inspires-the-great-wall-of-warracknabeal-20110120-19x83.html
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Hannie

Wonderful story Tess, sounds like Richard is a great guy (as are all the other people from Warracknabeal)!
Lets hope there will be no more floods further down south as the water flows to the sea.

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tori803

Whew! Glad things are getting better!

Tori
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

glennab

Tess, thanks for sharing the story of your husband's boss.  It never ceases to amaze me that in the worst of times, one often sees the best in people.  Thank goodness!

Be safe and dry!

Hugs.

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)