• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Bride and Matron of Honor

Started by Alan_P, November 27, 2010, 04:40:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan_P

Hi everyone.

I would like to submit this one for any constructive criticism.

Thanks for your input,

Alan

Mhayes

Hi Alan,

Looks like you had a fun time with the blinds?  ;D You did a good job on getting the blinds and the background restored. What you need to work on next is the woman's white dress. It looks dirty with visible marks where you have cloned. While you will have some variation in color for how the light hits; you want it even with no spots. Also, where you have the strip coming across at a diagonal from the bottom at other woman's bouquet and cutting across the white is part damage and I don't think it should extend to the bottom. I'm not sure if I can tell if this is blouse that comes down further than the jacket or not? You will want a straight edge either way. Another area to watch for damage and more cleanup is on your left on the wall.

I downloaded both photos and the original was a good size at 2.653 x 3.41 @ 300 dpi, but the worked copy would be better to have the same instead of 796 x 1023 @ 1.

You are off to a good start.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Alan_P

Hi Margie,

Thanks for the input. I have a tendency to be a little heavy handed with photoshop corrections and I am trying to correct that. I am probably undershooting at times. Here is the revised photo.

Alan

Mhayes

Hi Alan,

You are getting there, but the splotches still show up. I'm not sure if that is a case of resolution differences on monitors. I thought I could do a quick fix with a brush sampling surround colors, but that did not work, so I did the new layer>soft light>fill with 50% gray mask. I then lowered the opacity of my soft brush and tried to smooth the spots out. This was a quick and dirty and not the best. I was trying not to blow out the highlights and make her dress so white that you needed sunglasses.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Alan_P

Hi Margie,

Let's see how this one looks. I did a gausian blur on the dress. It looks white to me but it should contain some variation and not be totally blown out.

Alan

Mhayes

Hi Alan,

This looks much better. I agree that there should contain some variation, but that shouldn't be from the damage and should natural. The way fabric lays and the lighting will determine the variation.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]