• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

OPR slacker seeks guidance with her lovely lady

Started by PatW, November 16, 2010, 12:59:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PatW

Hi All, it's been awhile & I'm having a little trouble getting back in the swing of things.  I have the easiest possible photo and I'm struggling.  How embarrassing is that ! :-[

I've been trying to get the writing out of her dress with the clone & healing tools, tiny bit by tiny bit. As you can see, haven't I gotten very far Part of the reason for this is that I haven't had a lot of free time to work on it...  but even so, I should be making more progress.  It's occurred to me that you guys could probably have fixed this in 20 minutes.  Any suggestions on how I should be approaching this? 

Also, just to the left of her forehead.... is that hair under her hair or is it more mildew/mold damage?

If I don't get this photo done soon our sweet & gentle leaders will almost certainly start snarling at me.   (Since we don't have an emoticon for terrified, you'll just have to imagine it)

P.S. There was mildew/mold on the right side of her head.  Is it ok now? Did I get it a little too dark?  Am I obsessing too much?

Mhayes

Pat, I would never snarl at you; I prefer the guilt trip instead, because then you will be forced to come back and pick others. While I love watching you waving the olive branch and it would be fun to give you a solution that would take lots of time and drive you nuts; I'm going to be nice though it pains me greatly.

This is a neat trick that Kiska has posted before to take out unwanted colors. Make a duplicate and change the color mode to color. Take a soft brush and hit Crtl Alt to get the color picker to sample colors close by the ink marks and then brush over them. You will need to take different samples as the color varies. 

Hope that helps.

Margie

P.S. I think Hannie could give you a smiley for terrified.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

PatW

ooooh.... it's like magic.   Now I wish they'd written more.

Thank you, Margie.  It takes a big person to break down and help the undeserving.  ::)   

Mhayes

You're welcome Pat, but could you clarify "big person?"  ::)

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Hi Pat, great to see you back again!
Your restore is coming along well too and fixing something like that in 20 minutes?  If I only could!

It is heartbreaking to read how much it pains Margie to be nice to you yet she pulls it off! 
(I hope it did not scare you...)

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tori803

That is a neat trick of Kiska's. I had to play around with it a bit, but when I hit on the right color it was great! Now if only I can remember it . . .

Tori
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

PatW

Hi Hannie!  Thanks!  I'm happy to be back! 

The MarCat just can't help herself.  As hard as she tries to fight it, down deep... way deep....  beats a heart of gold  :)

Tori, that tip just dazzled me. 

Candice

Quote from: Hannie on November 17, 2010, 06:15:11 AM
Hi Pat, great to see you back again!
Your restore is coming along well too and fixing something like that in 20 minutes?  If I only could!

It is heartbreaking to read how much it pains Margie to be nice to you yet she pulls it off! 
(I hope it did not scare you...)

Hannie

Where do you find your faces!  LOL  :funny:
Candice

Ausimax

Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

Hannie

Quote from: Ausimax on November 18, 2010, 09:10:09 PM
Self Portraits? :crazy:

And don't you forget it Max!   :knuppel:

Candy, I just Google something like scary smiley/gif or Max smiley/gif...   ;)

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]