• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Feedback Needed, Thanks

Started by Ausimax, September 01, 2006, 08:02:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mschonher

Hi Max, you might try 2 little things before submiting your photo. The right eye of the young man looks a bit strange and you could fix that by moving the eyeball a little to the left. Also the right side of the mouth needs to be stretched out a bit to the right as it is too small for the face. These are easy fixes considering what you've already done. Other than that it is a job well done.............Mary

vhansen

Max, that looks so much better!  
Not wanting to push you over the edge....but I still see a couple of things that you could fix.
As Ausimax said, there is some clean up in the background.
His nose does not look like it's all there at the tip and the nostril (I would copy that part from the girl to his right)
His right eye does not match the original ( look at the brow line to see the difference).
The other eye could probably be a tad smaller.
His neck does not look natural along the line meeting with his shirt (on the missing side). Also, his shirt would not be completely flush with his neck as it is fabric laying over his shoulder, and would be raised higher.

A good trick to get a fresh look at your work is to leave it for a while (maybe overnight), come back and flip the image horizontally.  It's a great way to see areas you may have overlooked on the whole, while you were concentrating on a particular spot.

Please keep in mind that I have a perfectionist approach to restorations. My thinking is that a restored image has no value if it does not look like the individual.  If I notice these things, the people who actually know this person will notice them as well.  This work can indeed be arduous and often more frustrating than rewarding.

Hopefully I've not discouraged you, as you are so close on this.
Vikki

Ausimax

Thank you all for your helpful advice and encouragement, This is the image I sent home, hopefully I have covered all the areas you mentioned, Vikki, the right eye in the original and the area around it are too badly damaged to recover, I spent over an hour yesterday trying to recover it without success, so I had to use the next best option, his own undamaged eyes.

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

cmpentecost

Max,

This is very nicely done.  I know it was a tough one. The owners will be thrilled to get the restored picture.   :up2:

Christine