• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

What do you suppose is in the corner?

Started by Deborahjc, November 03, 2010, 06:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deborahjc

Hi everyone!  I am back - after a year and a half!  :) An international move and a setting up a new house slowed me down more than I expected. 

I am trying to ease back into this fun, maddening and addictive sport of photo restoration with an "easy" black and white.  My first question is what do you suppose is in the lower left corner of the photo?  My second question is what have I missed?
Here is the before   

Here is the "so far"
Thanks to all of you who so kindly provide comment.  You have taught me far more than I could have ever learned through a book.  The humor helps too! :loveit:
Deb

manzart

It looks to me, at least on my monitor, that it might be a cassock of a priest at the door of the church.
Use an overall level adjustment to bring up the blacks and contrast. 
Watch your perspective of the bricks, they are tilting away from the vanishing point of the picture.  Nice save!

Hannie

Hi Deb,

Long time no see!  Glad to see you well and back to photo restoring again. 
Sounds like your are all settled (back) in,  must be good to be back home!

Great restore, perhaps by keeping the left side of your restore darker than the rest you won't have to worry too much what is there in the corner?

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

Hi Deb,

Ditto on what Hannie said. Good to see you back.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Deborahjc

Thanks for the advice everyone!  This lady has been sent back home and I am ready for the next one. 
Deb