• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

HerrB21?

Started by david_gr, August 19, 2010, 04:14:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

david_gr

I copied this off your gallery in the OPR part of PhotoRescue.  I played with it to see what I could do with channels. The colors were too messed up, i.e. bad, for me to do anything with.  This is what I was able to do.

I can clean up the spots but I don't think I can do much else.  I am willing to give it a try.  However, I won't be offended if someone else cares to give it a try.  :crazy:

What do you think?

David Gr

Hannie

Hi Dave,

Thanks so much for working on the Herr photo, the original is very dark!
I did some levels, curves, saturation adjustment and some of the colors are not too bad. 
The image below is the full res version, if you wish you can use that to work on?

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

david_gr

Hannie,

That was excellent work getting the colors out like that.  :up: If would like, send me what you have done and I can clean up the spots.  I have some concerns about the son's legs and the couch but I will give it my best shot.  Between us, we will get these good folks a nice picture.  :)

Dave Gr

kiska

Dave, just download the pic Hannie did below. It's the full size and full resolution.
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

david_gr

Kiska,

Hannie made it easy for me.  She emailed a full copy of what she had done. 

David Gr   :)

david_gr

Here is what I have so far.

The sofa, and the son's pants are the biggest things I have to do yet.  I also want to work on the glare in the background.

As you all can see I have a lot to do yet but I am still plugging away at it. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

David Gr  :)

Hannie

Starting to look good already David!
No suggestions other than the ones you mentioned already yourself so no need to repeat them.  :D

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

glennab

David - just a word of encouragement.  What you've done so far looks great.  I'm amazed at how much you've been able to do with what looked like an "impossible."  Onward!

Cheers

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

david_gr

I think this is as far as I can take this one.  Any comments or suggestions.  It's been a bear.   I took the son's pants from a photo I took of myself.  Would you believe I could find nothing close on the internet.  :( I also used images to clean up the sofa and the pillow which were in bad shape.  They aren't perfect matches but close enough I think.

I think the family will like this.  :)

David Gr

Hannie

Hi David,

Very impressive how much you have done, it is quite a difference from the dark picture you started out with!
I have one pick, it almost seems like the man on our right is hovering over the couch instead of sitting down, perhaps a little shading of the couch could fix that?
The boy on the left now seems to be standing, must have something to do with your jeans photo, you probably took that shot while you were standing up?  Not sure how to fix that.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Marydh

Hi David,
I've had a lot of luck with Photos.com.  You might try a search
for "man sitting" to get an idea of where to put some shading.
I think shading is one of the hardest things to do but necessary, huh?
What a difficult photo.  I can feel your pain.
Mary

david_gr

Mary & Hannie,

Thank you both for your advice and support.  :)

Believe it or not I was sitting when I took the shot that I used on the boy.  :wow: I tried to use the proportional warp.  I guess without much success.  I think I will look at photos.com to see if I can find someone sitting.  If all else fails I will take another shot of myself.

With regard to the father, I plan to move the cushion edge forward a bit and see if that works.  The Dad's legs were fairly clear in the original and I don't want to change it unless I have to.

David Gr

david_gr

Well Folks,

Here is what I finally came up with.  It is a challenge for me when I have to add something to a photo like the son's legs and what not.   I am pleased how the sofa and pillow came out.  I think by moving up the crease in the sofa it makes him look more like he is sitting. This is my best effort.  I just need to work on my restorations and work to improve.

David Gr

Hannie

You have done a great job!

:up:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Marydh

David,
It looks so much better.  Your hard work paid off.
Mary