• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Follow-up

Started by MFiske, June 04, 2010, 12:01:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MFiske

Hello!

I sent in a restored photo about a week agao and wanted to be sure it was received.  I have generally received notice of receipt and requests for additional edits so this was a different experience. It was from the Galveston Historical Foundation and featured 6 adults sitting at a table at a club. Was it received?  Many thanks, Marilyn Fiske

Mhayes

Hi Marilyn,

Yes, your photo was received and sorry that you were not notified, but I lost my husband 3 weeks ago and it has not been business as usual. Hannie took over my gallery during my absence and has done a wonderful job. Tess was in the process of moving, but still held up her end and both gals deserve a huge thanks for taking over for me.  :wnw:

This photo is not from the Galveston Historical Foundation, but rather from the African American Museum in Cedar Rapids. You had a difficult photo and gave it a good run. However, what stands out the most is the man 2nd from your left that has his head in a different direction and doesn't look at all like the original. Also, the table that is added on the lower left hand corner is also not in the original and looks like you have duplicated it to look similar to the one on the right. Also, it looks like the woman on the far right had her hand running inside the guy's jacket, which I don't think is the case.

Kudos for taking on such a hard one.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Margie, you are more than welcome and it has been a pleasure looking after your gallery and uploads.

Oops Marilyn something went wrong there!  I had another good look in our upload area and found your restores in a place where I normally don't check.  To prevent this from happening again all you have to do is type "Margie" (or Tess or Hannie, depending on which gallery you picked from) in the "brief description field" on the Photoshelter upload page.  That will automatically get your photos to the right distributor.

Thanks,

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

MFiske

thanks Hannie and Margie -

I did send 2: one was the "engineered" one with the replacement of the man's head and the stage; and another one that only has the original components but restored.  The forum had let me know that the "engineered" one might not pass muster...but did you also receive the second one?

Margie, I am so sorry to hear of your loss.  You certainly do not need a pesty volunteer right now. Please accept my condolences.

Marilyn

Mhayes

Marilyn,

Sorry, you are right and I did not take into account the differences between the two uploads. Thanks for doing it both ways!

Thank you and don't feel like you are a pesty volunteer--as you are not.

:hug:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]