• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

A struggle

Started by paulus, March 28, 2010, 01:44:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulus

Been working on this picture for ages - think I'm on my fourth version

Original file -

My version -

A struggle but any feedback or assistance would be great

Cheers
Paul

battleaxe

k
two things I would try

1. maybe add some fine noise to the skin area to try to make look less plastic or
2. find a good picture with a person the same age and try make a pattern  of the skin portion put on a layer and mask / blend

or  if you have one ity bity good spot ... which i don't see... use the patch to to put texture back into the skin

good luck with this one.....thanks for taking it for I almost did   :hug:

glennab

Hi Paul

What the heck were you thinking????  (I'm saying that, because the young guy I'm working on looks about the same as this gentleman.)  My suggestion would be to go back to the original and take another look at what's between the worst of the worst damage.  It's difficult for me to see because of the low resolution, but it does appear to me that there are small areas of good skin and fabric.  I'd start with the clone and patch tools at a very small size and eliminate the large "chunks" of damage first.  Then I'd go back and work on the even smaller holes, cracks and bumps, trying to retain as much texture as possible.  I pulled your image down, used the patch tool, circled the largest light junk and pulled the selection to the best area I could find.  Depending on how good the least damaged areas are, you might be able to get a less painterly look.  I've started my dude 3 or 4 times now, and just can't quite get the right size of patch and clone to keep the look of skin.  I'll keep going back until I figure it out (I'm going to trust that that's possible with mine - and with yours!)

Good luck!

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Hannie

The photo above has been restored months ago, printed and sent home!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

I couldn't understand why I was seeing this photo again and didn't think to look at the original date at the top which was in March. Old forum posts are great to review, but a response 5 months later could cause some confusion. This was my laugh of the day!  :funny:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]