• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

help appreciated

Started by battleaxe, November 22, 2009, 11:00:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

battleaxe

Hi  need help with this one

Can not find anything much except a bit of the roof lines , the plants in front  on the left side.

not sure that the tree image  (near the brick building) is  tree parts or massive damage  I am hoping is a part of a tree   ;D

one of the girls in the front left has a barret in her hair , another flowers I think but that could be damage too.

also  is that a window on the right  with  glass blocks surrounding the pane or discoloured brick?

any  thoughts or suggestions  welcome

:hug: 's  and  :-* 's

Hannie

Battleaxe, you are so brave!  You are well on your way with this restore.  I couldn't tell of those were trees or damage.  I don't know what other people think but you are probably safe with either.

If I'm not mistaking these photos are also of historical importance, just like the GHF series?
In that case I would try and leave as much of the original detail in as possible.  For instance the little building in the middle could be restored instead repainted?  Also the window on the right, in the original it has a row of upright bricks, kind of like window sill?

Great job so far!

:up:

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

battleaxe

OK,
 Is this better or worse?   Also I see no data on the top left , or on the left building to do anything more with.  
Don't know what more to do with the clothing/people , am afraid  I might take detail out.
Is my window too bright??

:hug:

Mhayes

Hi Batteaxe,

On the original my eye wants to fill in how the the roof (on your left) would be and above the roof would be sky with some trees over hanging. You will want to get rid of the damage in the middle. I would not paint a gray in the middle of the house, but rather extend what little information you have to the right. The student's gowns (graduation?) need to have all of the gray shading taken out as this is where the yellow staining was and it is not folds or shading in the gowns. It might be easier to correct the original. In the end the gowns are going to to have the highlights blown out, but that is not a damage problem. The most important part in this photo is the students.

Hang in there as this one is going to take a lot of patience.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

battleaxe

I realize the left building needs re-repair.  except for the left side which advice would be welcome  to fix it.   Is the rest ok ?   Also if I get rid of the gray in the gowns, the details also go away. Tried minimizing the gray but keep the details.

:hug:

Mhayes

Battleaxe,

This is looking a lot better. I would even the sky out, even if it means a very light solid gray (like what you see in the corn of the bricks and between the leaves) rather than trying to simulate clouds. . The gowns are looking better, try to even the splotches on the ones in the center. Nice job on a really tough photo.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

battleaxe

Margie
   I've made changes and uploaded the pic.  Had trouble so you may have at least 3 copies. Sorry!  Am starting to make many  little circles and other weird things to it, so off to you it went.

:hug: @  :loveit:

Nancy

Mhayes

Hi Nancy,

I am very impressed that you managed to take a photo that was originally 748 KB and return it at 35 MB!  ;D  OK, the reason you had problems sending is because of the huge file size. Save as jpg and not as a tif and you should have an easier time uploading.

Nice job!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]