• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Anybody with a reference Photo?

Started by philbach, November 02, 2009, 03:15:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ausimax

Terry, if you have a digital camera and can find a sucker young enough to get into that position you could make yourself a reference photo, then you can see the angles of legs and folds in clothing that would occur. It should also answer if somebody can sit in that position and just have their arms on their legs or if they would have to be leaning on another object.

Whatever, have fun! ;D

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

Hannie

I was probably over reacting a little to your suggestion to crop, so sorry about that Terry!

Margie has a good point there, I would also like to see no cropping if at all possible.  The log cabin in the back may be of importance to the owner of the photo and with a crop there would not be much of it left.

Maybe these images can help a little with the bottom part of the restore!

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

philbach

Ok, I like Shen's suggestion and I guess now is the time to run with it.  Thanks for your help.

Just after I posted this I saw that Hannai posted her photos showing guys in somewhat the same position.  That saves me some time.  For some of these toughies I will frequently take shots of myself.  What works for me is my HD video camera which takes HD frames so I can select one of the frames that most closely resembles what I am trying to work with.  Since the camera has a nice reversible LCD screen and remote zooming etc I can approach with the video camera the position, and focal length of what I am trying to reproduce.  I then can copy the individual frame and use that as a template of sorts.

I suspect most of you do that but I believe I am good to go now.
phil

philbach

:)
Well I used schen's and glennab's suggestion about the sweat pants and ran with that.   Here is where I am now. 
phil

Mhayes

Hi Phil,

You have done a great job with this one. The one thing that I would change is the guy's shoes. The perspective doesn't look right and the one furthest back looks too small for the guy's size--even though it is further back.  I know that you don't have much to go on, but in the original he is sitting and in your final he is supported on his own two feet. I would also use the original running shoes. The shoe on your right in the original is in really good condition and should be used and not replaced. To me it doesn't look like his toe is pointed up, but rather the black part of the running shoes seems to curve up and is black--his foot appears to be flat on the ground. The other foot you see only a portion and it is resting on something--part of seat, bleacher which you can only guess.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

philbach

Thanks Margie.  The perspective between the two shoes did have me flummoxed some.  I appreciate your input.  I'll post a revision soon. 
phil

Hannie

Great job so far Phil!
I agree with Margie on the shoes, not easy to clean up though.
I used the warp tool to raise his left knee just a little bit.

:up2:

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

kiska

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

philbach

Interesting Idea Kiska.  I was able to replicate what you did, but I think that the sole of his left foot is not black and his left foot is flat on the ground like Margie suggested.  By looking at the shoe laces I don't think its likely that the toe of his left shoe is elevated.   So what I did was use the elements of his left shoe to make it appear that his foot was flat on the ground and I assumed that the sole part that looked black was artifact.  I think his right foot is more problematic.  The Proportions and the position suggests to me that his right foot is pointed toward his right some and his left toe is not pointing to the camera.  Its cocked up on some object like Margie suggested.

There is a significant amount of foreshortening in the photo.  The foreground is really large and prominent.

Enclosed is the latest.   

phil

kiska

Here are a couple of examples of shoe style I think he has on.

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Hannie

I think Kiska is right about the sport shoes, that model was very popular for a while.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

I agree that this looks like what Kiska has posted.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

philbach

I'll run with the black soled sports shoes.  Thanks everybody.  Hannie, Margie, Lurch, TerryB, JohnBoy, glennnab, & shen.  I think this bird is about ready to fly.
phil