• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Anybody with a reference Photo?

Started by philbach, November 02, 2009, 03:15:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

philbach

:P
Well I have done nothing yet to this photo.  I did not find much help in looking at the various channels.  What I would like help on is to get an idea of the color of his pants.  Notice that around his left posterior what appears to be pants is a brown color and in the messed up foreground the color looks much darker. 
:wow:
phil

Hannie

Phil, this is the only photo of this young men.  There are only 2 photos of this family , the other one is of a young boy. 

It could be that the sun is coming from behind, therefore the pants look much lighter on his left posterior :)  then in the shady part in the front?

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

lurch

Phil, it looks like he's leaning on something cylindrical and soft - maybe a sleeping bag in its sack. If that's the case, the only thing you'll see of the pants is the light brown patch on his rear. Unfortunately, whatever he's leaning on is very much the same color as the table, and it's a guessing game as to where the table stops and the wall starts, not to mention where the outline of the mystery object really is.
<C>

Mhayes

Phil, To me the brown is part of his shirt that looks brown either from damage or being in the shadow. My impression is that he is sitting on a bench and his leg on your left is pulled back and resting on something. I would try to get the pants and the background I would go with the wood siding as nothing really stands out.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Margie is right, I had another good look and the "brown" posterior part is the really long yellow shirt.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

philbach

Well I appreciate your ideas.  They are very helpful to me.
I am going to assume he is wearing his "running/walking" shoes.
The second assumption is that he has a soft object on his lap like a duffel bag or sleeping bag.
The third assumption he is sitting on a relatively low object like a low bench or a stair tread
And finally that fabric on his left side posterior is from his shirt.

His left foot to our right?  Maybe somewhat distorted due to foreshortening? 
phil

TerryB

Phil:

You picked a doozie with that one.

The Gallery Manager Ladies may banish me to OPR purgatory  :mad: for this suggestion but a tight crop will eliminate most of the distracting background, focus on the subject, take out much of the guesswork and enable completion while we're all still young.
Confidence is the feeling you have before you understand the situation.

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Johnboy

Boy, Hannie's Frisian background certainly came out on this one. That doesn't look like a wet noodle either. Poor Terry. I hope she doesn't use pins.  :halo:

Johnboy

Hannie

Johnboy, the pins I will leave to our Australian expert! 

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

TerryB

OUCH!!!!! :wow:

OUCH!!!! :wow:

So,what's not to like...

OUCH!!! :wow:

...about that idea?

OUCH!!! :wow:

Properly resampled...

...there would be very little (if any) pixelation...

...and the lower section that would be gone doesn't bring much to the party 'cause there's nothing recognizable to start with.

No pins, Hannie, PLEEEEEEEZE!

How do I go about getting an anonymous profile?
Confidence is the feeling you have before you understand the situation.

glennab

Holy guacamole guys,

The violence, the critters (I live in Florida, so I chased that dang thing for a while before I realized it wasn't one of my "pets." Thanks, Terry!), the humanity!

And Hannie!  You've exceeded all my expectations in the brutality department.  You're becoming your avatar.

Phil, I've looked and looked and looked at this young guy, and I think he's wearing heavy sweat pants, which makes him appear to have something thick in his lap (well, I guess if that's the case, technically he does.)  He's either sitting or kneeling with his right leg bent to allow his foot to be directly under him and also bent, and the other leg is extended from the knee, so that foot is flat on the ground and further to the front.  I think the thing to do is follow the shape that can be seen, interpolate between the lines, and you'll get the pants.

Conversely, the shoes look weird, and the background is missing at the bottom, so poor abused Terry may be right about the best technique being to crop. (Oh boy, I can feel the whip!)

I'm interested in the type of damage we're seeing here.  This grouping seems to have a lot of similar muck, and it can't be seen through as so much of the other goop can.  Does anyone know what it is and why it's so opaque?

I'm going to rush off to work to avoid Hannie the Hun and her instruments of torment!  Have a great day, all.

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

schen

Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Mhayes

I agree with Shujen's interpretation. No isn't there is much left to work with, but I think where Shujen has outline the pants a darken area to show pants (probably sweat pants) and the the rest of the area can have the texture and color of the wood--under the window maybe the really only good place for texture and color.

Terry, you are such a wimp.  ;D I would like to see the photo without the crop, but might change my mind if we could see one without and one with. The reason I find a closer crop on this a little different is the way he is positioned, but it might work. What do the rest of you think. Also what size would that reduce the photo down to with a crop and what was the original size? My feeling is that I would like to see it not cropped if you can.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]