• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Just wondering

Started by philbach, October 08, 2009, 07:33:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

philbach

:D
Well I have sort of gone down a path on this difficult for me restoration.  Before I proceed I would appreciate any ideas on this.  Thanks

phil

Hannie

Hi Phil.

I can't believe how much this one improved!
The bridal dress is white, I have just sent you a reference photo that you can use if you wish.
(It also shows the color and length of her hair really well.)

Hope this helps,

:up2:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

kiska

First of all I believe the dress is a white wedding dress. Not sure what's behind her. Veil?? And her hair reaches her shoulder.

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

philbach

Thanks, Kiska and Hannie.  Your comments and reference photo are most helpful.  With this info I shall continue. 
phil

philbach

Well I've changed the dress and hat color and brought the hair down.  Hannie's reference photo was most helpful.  Here is where I am now.

phil

lurch

Phil, you've done a great job recovering the people in this difficult restore. I have an observation, though, on the background (which admittedly is way less important than the people). First impression is that it's a little Escher-esque - the planes of the walls aren't consistent with each other and that gives the photo a vague sense of wrongness. For what it's worth, I've marked up a copy of Hannie's green channel with what I see in the image - none of the channels provides more useful detail than the composite, but I find the colors distracting. Also, my eye is helped a lot by having done another image from the same occasion :)

<C>

philbach

Thanks, Lurch.  Lots of good ideas about the background.  The tablecloth I did not see until you showed it to me.  I'll keep trucking.
phil